Mike needs help

Oh, and just as a small sidenote: fans of Meshuggah/Fredrik Thordendal(mostly his solo stuff, "Sol Niger...") should check out Terje Rypdal, he's a pretty cool guitarist.

I knew a guy once who had been collecting Metal Discs (Vinyl and later CDs) since the 80s. This was in the 90s by the way. He'd go into the store and just buy a lot of new releases and come out with like a dozen CDs a week or so. I never saw his collection, but friends who had said it numbered into the 5000s.

The sad thing is, whenever we'd talk about a particular CD, he'd go "Yeah, i have that one" and we'd go "so, how is it?". His answer usually was "I don't know, I haven't listened to it yet..."
As much as i like music, I'd never collect CDs for collecting's sake. This guy would even buy discs from bands he didn't particularly like!

Not implying Mike's got the same behaviour here, I know how much he's a vinyl freak and fan of obscure bands, I just wanted to share this story with you.

Mike, if you're reading this, I hope you can eventually get some of these discs!

I knew a guy once who had been collecting Metal Discs (Vinyl and later CDs) since the 80s. This was in the 90s by the way. He'd go into the store and just buy a lot of new releases and come out with like a dozen CDs a week or so. I never saw his collection, but friends who had said it numbered into the 5000s.

The sad thing is, whenever we'd talk about a particular CD, he'd go "Yeah, i have that one" and we'd go "so, how is it?". His answer usually was "I don't know, I haven't listened to it yet..."
As much as i like music, I'd never collect CDs for collecting's sake. This guy would even buy discs from bands he didn't particularly like!

Not implying Mike's got the same behaviour here, I know how much he's a vinyl freak and fan of obscure bands, I just wanted to share this story with you.

Mike, if you're reading this, I hope you can eventually get some of these discs!

Well I'm kind of like that, but with MP3s, so at least I don't spend any money. I only download things I'm interested in though, but sometimes it will take me months before I listen to it and often I only listen to an album once through, sometimes not even the whole album.

Well I'm kind of like that, but with MP3s, so at least I don't spend any money.

Ooooh, bad boy!

Jokes aside, as you say if you don't spend any money on it, then that's fine, but litterally blasting all your pay on CDs that collect dust in your collection, that's a different story...

Ooooh, bad boy!

Jokes aside, as you say if you don't spend any money on it, then that's fine, but litterally blasting all your pay on CDs that collect dust in your collection, that's a different story...

You have not been afflicted by the collector's syndrome? (Perhaps we should name it Åkerfeldt Syndrome from here on after)

It really is an addiction. Even when you know it isn't right, you can't help it.

he doesn't want discs, only first print vinyl, pay attention.

I may have found a few but they're very pricey. I have to negotiate with the guy... I'll email Mike once I'm sure.