jury duty,has anyone on this board been called up?

mrthrax

riffer madness
Feb 17, 2002
australia
Visit site
i originally got a letter a few months back but got out of it thru work excuse,i got another letter a few weeks back and thought i would have to go this time around,i just rang to get a recorded message that my panel i was given were not required to attend.

anyone else here actually have to go to it,if so how was it.

mrthrax said:
i originally got a letter a few months back but got out of it thru work excuse,i got another letter a few weeks back and thought i would have to go this time around,i just rang to get a recorded message that my panel i was given were not required to attend.

anyone else here actually have to go to it,if so how was it.
Jury duty here sucks!

I sat around for a week and never got on a case.

Before they made jury duty on call, all I did was read for days. I was actually on jury duty right around the time that they were going to select jurors for the OJ trial. I got pushed over to the civil courts and then got out early because they were about to start throwing jurors out of the OJ case left and right.

I had jury duty at Federal Court in Yakima Washington. It's about a 2 hour drive, slightly less. They paid my gas to and from there and paid for a hotel $100 per night I was there.

Turns out, they figured gas mileage was for 15 mpg cars (I drive a 92 Saturn and get about 35 mpg highway, which it is the whole way) and spent $70 on the hotel room at a Super 8. Went to the courthouse, we watched a film on what it is like to be a juror and sat for about 2 hours at least after the 1 hour film was over. They called us up to the courtroom where the judge came in and told us that they settled the case out of court that morning. Us being there motivated them to settle it. So, that was just a great fun day (at least got paid very well for it) and my work gave me a paid day off for it too. If you can get Federal Court in Yakima, go for it!

Goddamn this entire thread. I had it once 3 years ago and guess what? I got my notice from the Barrow County Sherriffs Dept. today for duty on Aug. 30th. this thread is in fact, the devil.Evil. evil. evil incarnate.

GregadetH said:
Goddamn this entire thread. I had it once 3 years ago and guess what? I got my notice from the Barrow County Sherriffs Dept. today for duty on Aug. 30th. this thread is in fact, the devil.Evil. evil. evil incarnate.
its a fucked feeling hey!

I have'nt been called for jury duty, but I did have a rather unpleasent circuit court experince. I was an ID theft victim, bastard opened six new accountsin my name. Well, five anyway cuz he got arrested at the last one - ABC Warehouse (appliance store).

This POS had a fucking MI DL with all my info and his picture, which ultimately was his undoing as I am really irish and he is really non-caucasian.

This thieving bastard is in MI, on a tether, for his own protection, while on probation out of NY for a host of things and witnessed a dbl shooting/dbl murder. He is here to be safe until he testifies in NY.

Then the judge lets him out on another tether because he's not a flight risk. Not a flight risk?!? WTF??

This MFer had all my info down to my Mortgage Co and house payment. That was the most shocking, unsettling and fucked up thing I have had to deal with in a looonng time....

Hey I heard before that they pick jurors from people who are registered to vote...is this true? I'm 28 and have never been called for jury duty, and I've never registered to vote (sorry, I know it's important!) I want to register before this election, but don't want jury duty. Please tell me if what I heard is bullsh*t so I can vote for the first time.

Jury duty is crap, some people's jobs don't care and people suffer financially. I know I would. Ya'll tell me how it works.

ANTHRAX RULES FOREVER

MichiMikey said:
I have'nt been called for jury duty, but I did have a rather unpleasent circuit court experince. I was an ID theft victim, bastard opened six new accountsin my name. Well, five anyway cuz he got arrested at the last one - ABC Warehouse (appliance store).

This POS had a fucking MI DL with all my info and his picture, which ultimately was his undoing as I am really irish and he is really non-caucasian.

This thieving bastard is in MI, on a tether, for his own protection, while on probation out of NY for a host of things and witnessed a dbl shooting/dbl murder. He is here to be safe until he testifies in NY.

Then the judge lets him out on another tether because he's not a flight risk. Not a flight risk?!? WTF??

This MFer had all my info down to my Mortgage Co and house payment. That was the most shocking, unsettling and fucked up thing I have had to deal with in a looonng time....
That fucking cock-grabber should be executed!
How did that happen?

sufferer said:
Hey I heard before that they pick jurors from people who are registered to vote...is this true? I'm 28 and have never been called for jury duty, and I've never registered to vote (sorry, I know it's important!) I want to register before this election, but don't want jury duty. Please tell me if what I heard is bullsh*t so I can vote for the first time.

Jury duty is crap, some people's jobs don't care and people suffer financially. I know I would. Ya'll tell me how it works.

ANTHRAX RULES FOREVER
if u aint registered to vote u wont be picked out,your name isnt on the list

sufferer said:

ANTHRAX RULES FOREVER

In MI it goes by DL and/or state ID now....

ThraxDude said:
That fucking cock-grabber should be executed!
How did that happen?

No clue Tad. Coppers told me that anyone's info can be bought for $50 and any one with a good computer can make you a DL for $20. This guy refused to be interviewed, so I may never know. But I learned that it mostly comes from your work, mortgage co or from stolen mail(either from trash or mail box). The Southfield detective told me of a victim who used a CC at a pay-at-the-pump station. The kid inside was printing copies of transactions and a friend of his was hacking into data bases.

My best advice is to watch your credit report and your ass. (oh, and buy a shredder)

That sucks, dude.
I do use a shredder for anything with important numbers on it.
And I always drop my mail off in a postal service mail box (where you can't get in without a key), or just go to the post office.
But I know a guy who bought something online, and a hacker was able to steal all his money.
Hackers should be executed.

MichiMikey said:
In MI it goes by DL and/or state ID now....

Yup. They changed because they realized people would not register to vote in order to avoid jury duty. Not many people are going to avoid driving in order to avoid jury duty, and if the state ID list is used as well, then it becomes irrelevant. You pretty much have to have one of those to do anything.

Scott