Just a little note to those of you who used to get mad @ me when I said hockey sucked

DarbysDad said:
The Ice Dogs are playing pretty well this year in the in the ECHL, so I got minor league hockey if I want it. Besides NASCAR is back on, so there's racing to watch too.
NASCAR is not a sport. It's tv for rednecks. Downhill mountain biking and motocross are light years more athletic than NASCAR. "put her to the floor and veer left"

TD said:
NASCAR is a sport. It's tv for rednecks.
Why do you think I watch it? :D Downhill mountain biking is for guys who don't enjoy their cojones, that shit just kills the knuts. And no need to explain motocross to me I'm from SoCal. Enjoying the weather in Ohio?

DarbysDad said:
Why do you think I watch it? :D Downhill mountain biking is for guys who don't enjoy their cojones, that shit just kills the knuts. And no need to explain motocross to me I'm from SoCal. Enjoying the weather in Ohio?
The weather is great today actually! As I'm typing this I am taking in some softball practice/tryouts (me loves my Ibook.) The 4 changing seasons is what makes Ohio so darn rad. And NASCAR still sucks. Thank you, have a nice day.

DarbysDad said:
The Ice Dogs are playing pretty well this year in the in the ECHL, so I got minor league hockey if I want it. Besides NASCAR is back on, so there's racing to watch too.

At least Ice Dogs is a psuedo cool name. Not unlike the Ice Pilots and the obviously gayer than hell Pride.

Go Gladiators.:headbang:

I love Hockey! Nothing more hot to watch than a bunch af burly men bashing eachother against the wall and fighting. Yummy!

NASCAR: Well, I think we all know the answer to that! White trash wonderland is coming to Vegas next weekend!

mentalmeltdown said:
Hockey doesn't suck. The NHL's current format sucks - 29 teams and franchises in places that never even heard and don't want to hear of hockey i.e. Nashville, Columbus, Florida, Anaheim, Phoenix etc...

Gary Bettman sucks as does the union leader. Gary thought he could build up the league like he did with the NBA. That said, there are tons of hockey fans in Phoenix. We are mostly all transports from big hockey cities like NY, Detroit, Chicago,etc. I grew up enjoying the red wings from the late 70's way before all the bandwagon fans jumped on ship. I remember watching hockey night in canada each saturday night which helped explain why I had no girlfriend when I was younger. :loco:
I don't have problems with Columbus either as I know alot of fans in Ohio. Anaheim doesn't make sense as one franchise is good enough in southern Cali. Nashville and Carolina are a waste.

I at least get to see some killer minor league hockey this year!!

nafnikufesin said:
Hockey doesn't suck, but the NHL does. You should be more specific.

Actually most professional sports suck, just on the basis of overpaid spoiled whiners.

Exactly my point. Perhaps my post wasn't clear... Hockey as a sport doesn't suck - the current major league, NHL, sucks.

Cincy Vigilante said:
25 years ago today the greatest moment in sports/hockey history went down "Do You Believe In Miracles?"
Called by none other than Al Micheals.
He, along with Bob Costas and Dick Enberg can make any sport entertaining. But everytime I've met Bob he has been kind of curt (I've ran into him at the airport more than once, he must have to catch connecting flights to St. Louis at Port Columbus often.)

TD said:
Called by none other than Al Micheals.
He, along with Bob Costas and Dick Enberg can make any sport entertaining. But everytime I've met Bob he has been kind of curt (I've ran into him at the airport more than once, he must have to catch connecting flights to St. Louis at Port Columbus often.)

Does anyone else here picture TD in a smoking jacket w/ a pipe in his hand, speaking like Thurston Howell from Gilligans Isle when we read stories like this?

Just wondering.

maybe you being an asshole is the problem.

TD said:
But everytime I've met Bob he has been kind of curt (I've ran into him at the airport more than once, he must have to catch connecting flights to St. Louis at Port Columbus often.)