Just a suggestion for the next Ragnarokkr fest

Definitely would be good for an oddball "heavier" band....

Doesn't matter since Bob Byrne will say "They don't draw" LOL

Their material varies a bit, this is the only Venom Atomkraft sounding tune.
As for Bob's thoughts; well seriously it is metal, none of the bands really have a "draw" and it is a bit nieve to think they do.

Thank you for saying that.....

It kills me when someone suggests a band that he doesn't like and his only response is "They don't draw", but then he suggests 50 more bands that don't draw either. A fest like this will rarely be about ONE main draw unless you score a VoiVod, etc...

It's about the package, and you hope to have enough variety that collectively will make people want to check it out.

It kills me when someone suggests a band that he doesn't like and his only response is "They don't draw", but then he suggests 50 more bands that don't draw either. A fest like this will rarely be about ONE main draw unless you score a VoiVod, etc...

It's about the package, and you hope to have enough variety that collectively will make people want to check it out.

funny because you said this with every band last year lame-o.

it is funny you keep bringing up the "fest as a whole thing" acting like I dont understand it. It is funny because for a guy who really doesnt go to many shows acts like he knows what people want or who draws. Go to shows and talk to people and see who people want to see. You would be surprised.

Actually you do need ONE man draw because as we have seen in the past so far that a solid line up does not mean a draw. You do need a band that main stream people will want to come and see.

I already suggested Voivod to Mike (Odin) and a few others. People forget...bands cost money.

Yes, and I agree that you need an "eye catching" band.
The main problem I have with you is that your response to any band you don't personally like is "screw them, they don't draw"
Sorry, but I am not concerned about the same 150 people who go to a $5 show at Red Line Tap as guaranteed attendance for a show that will be $25 to $30 a day.

Yes, and I agree that you need an "eye catching" band.
The main problem I have with you is that your response to any band you don't personally like is "screw them, they don't draw"
Sorry, but I am not concerned about the same 150 people who go to a $5 show at Red Line Tap as guaranteed attendance for a show that will be $25 to $30 a day.

not everyone is a tight ass with money.

I am trying to keep Bob from sinking your fest..

His "only bands that I think draw" are worthy for the fest attitude will kill you....

So far, you have made three good picks in a row dude.
Three bands that won't break the bank that will appeal to different crowds.
You got trad, prog, and thrash.

The next step would be to build on that to bring in the fence sitters.........