Just a suggestion for the next Ragnarokkr fest

I am trying to keep Bob from sinking your fest..

His "only bands that I think draw" are worthy for the fest attitude will kill you....

So far, you have made three good picks in a row dude.
Three bands that won't break the bank that will appeal to different crowds.
You got trad, prog, and thrash.

The next step would be to build on that to bring in the fence sitters.........

oh yeah that is right....I am sinking the fest. I have been the guy suggesting bands that are not the typical traditional bands.

Thank you for your suggestions all knowing.

Thank you for your suggestions all knowing.

No problem........

I am basing this on many great ideas which you poo - poo because YOU personally don't like a band, or YOU don't personally think they will draw.

Anyhow, back on topic, this band could be a good complement for the MORBID SAINT booking. Folks who might be on the fence about coming for MS might choose to come after checking this band out.

A thrash co-headliner should definitely be considered if it could work.....

No problem........

I am basing this on many great ideas which you poo - poo because YOU personally don't like a band, or YOU don't personally think they will draw.

Anyhow, back on topic, this band could be a good complement for the MORBID SAINT booking. Folks who might be on the fence about coming for MS might choose to come after checking this band out.

A thrash co-headliner should definitely be considered if it could work.....

I base all my comments on fact from actually going to shows and being around the common folk.

There are lots of bands who could compliment Morbid Saint. Are they affordable? Would people say it doesnt fit? hhhmmm.....sounds like comments you have made before here.

A second thrash band does need to be added or something heavier or else it will kind of stick out or make itnot as appealing to someone who is only into heavier stuff.

I think IMPALER would fit great. They put on a great live show as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno about Impaler. From those two songs, I hear a lot more punk than metal. I certainly wouldn't call them a heavier band. Imagery-wise? Yes but not musically.

I dunno about Impaler. From those two songs, I hear a lot more punk than metal. I certainly wouldn't call them a heavier band. Imagery-wise? Yes but not musically.

check out more of their stuff. they had more of a punk sound in the 80's...now they are mostly heavy with punk touches. A great band all around with a killer ( literally) live show filled with gore and laughs.

I think IMPALER would be a good fit.
They definitely have a kult following and would capture the attention of some older metalheads who might not be familiar with others on the bill.

I think IMPALER would be a good fit.
They definitely have a kult following and would capture the attention of some older metalheads who might not be familiar with others on the bill.

Plus it is something different but also fits the fest. They are smart....when I saw them last year they were selling all thier CD's ( like 12 of them ) for 5 bucks and cheap shirts. Smartest move...no reason to sell CD's for 15 bucks at the show.

They do have a following in the metal scene and also with the whole horror / shock rock types as well.

Plus it is something different but also fits the fest. They are smart....when I saw them last year they were selling all thier CD's ( like 12 of them ) for 5 bucks and cheap shirts. Smartest move...no reason to sell CD's for 15 bucks at the show.

I've never understood those bands that overcharge their cds at shows. I'm sure they want money, but if you charge too much, no one will buy, which was a HUGE problem for Skullfist last year. I wanted to buy their disc but at 20 bucks I sure as hell didn't.

I think Impaler would fit and be fun. You don't have to worry about anyone sinking anything. I'm in charge and make the decisions. People can suggest bands but that only means I can't think of them all alone. I make selections based on my own standards.