Just a thought and remider...

Val Allen Wood

7th Servant Guitarist
Jun 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
www.facebook.com
I can honestly say that I have had, by far, the hardest week and a half of my life recently. Most of it is too personal and I can't really discuss it publicly. I am just here to remind you to not lose your faith despite of any situation, challenge, or dilemma that you might face in this life. We are all here to make something of our selves and take life's challenges one at a time. Sometimes it becomes overwhelming and we get scared and give up....but...you must always remember to trust in the lord. It may seem that he doesn't listen at times or doesn't give you what you want, but consider simple facts when you feel this way. Is it for the right reason? Does it benefit you more than it does your relationship with Christ? These are the most important things to me when I feel uneasy. God bless you guys and thank you so much for taking a moment to read this.

I can certainly relate to this. I've been through some dark times in my own life (some relatively recently) when it's been hard to keep any sort of hope going. That famous line about "times that try men's souls" comes to mind. Unfortunately, there's no easy answer to these things, but I've found that it does to help to place your trust in the Lord and to keep a proper sense of perspective. That's helped me through a lot. I went through a good portion of my life as an agnostic, and I can assure you that what I've gained since becoming a believer and deciding to follow Christ has made all the difference in the world in this.

And as James reminds us, the trials we face often leave us stronger when we've overcome them.

God bless you, Val. I hope you make it through whatever's troubling you soon.

I'll be praying for you. Yes. Sometimes it is hard to trust in the LORD because we know what we want. But do we know what we need? He is the only one who knows what is right for us at all moments. Even if it is something extremely hard. We all have these hard times in our lives. I had mine for a LONG time (6 years or so) when I was a bit younger. Again, a little too personal to openly share.

EDIT: I just sent you a PM Val. Read it if you get the chance.

I too, have been through some hard times of late, and they are continuing. Two passages have really been speaking to me and helping me through these times.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 said:
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

And

Jeremiah 29:11-12 said:
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

Sometimes the Lord can allow trials to occur in our lives because it often requires these sort of situations to truly realize how much we rely on him; that it is by His strength, and not our own that we live.

I'll go ahead and post the scriptures here.
One thing that is good to remember is God's sovereignty.
Here:
-------------------------------------------------------
And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
- Philippians 1:6

The heart of man plans his way,
but the LORD establishes his steps.
- Proverbs 16:9

Cast your burden on the LORD,
and he will sustain you;
he will never permit
the righteous to be moved.
- Psalm 55:22

Therefore when we could bear it no longer, we were willing to be left behind at Athens alone, and we sent Timothy, our brother and God’s coworker in the gospel of Christ, to establish and exhort you in your faith, that no one be moved by these afflictions. For you yourselves know that we are destined for this. For when we were with you, we kept telling you beforehand that we were to suffer affliction, just as it has come to pass, and just as you know. For this reason, when I could bear it no longer, I sent to learn about your faith, for fear that somehow the tempter had tempted you and our labor would be in vain.
- 1 Thessalonians 3:1-5