Just added a 24 inch widescreen LCD...

Glenn Fricker

Very Metal &Very Bad News
Mar 6, 2005
22 Acacia Avenue
And is it ever a great way to work! There is SOOO much more room on the screen for all kinds of shit. Damn. I don't know how I ever worked without one.

I'm running the Acer 24 inch with 6ms pixel response.. great for Daws & gaming.

If you're considering going widescreen, don't wait. Do yourself a favour!

Here's a pic...
A179-2400-c.JPG

I think my Apple 30" Cinema HD display is a little better. Just a little :p

Nice addition man. Widescreens fucking :headbang: for DAW stuff. I was like you when I first got my Apple display...wondering how I ever got along without it. :)

~006

006 said:
I think my Apple 30" Cinema HD display is a little better. Just a little :p

Yeah, but you have to run software written for OSX on it. Kinda negates the advantage right there. :lol:

Seriously though, a 30 inch display would be amazing. Personally, I'm waiting for a 42 inch LCD with a 6 ms pixel response, then I'll hang it on the front wall of the control room & take the monitor off my desk permanently.

As for the price on the Acer, it cost about $850 Canadian. Pretty damn good considering I paid $1000 for a 19 inch non widescreen 2 years ago.

Try www.tigerdirect.com for prices.

-0z-

850, crazy man. I'm glad it was a good purchase though. I think the 21" widescreen LCDs fit my budget of $500AUD better :)

Make that Oz and me, DSS. I've been using a Dual G5 in the studio for the past year and hate the thing. Just personal prefference :)

Still the price scales considerably with size on the high-end (can't... take... much more... innuendo). I think 21' seems to be a fair balance of price and size at the moment. Unless you want home cinema action on your recording rig.

One of the guys at the office just had a home projector installed in his house... Jesus, that thing looks AMAZING in HD. Only cost like 800 including the projector screen, too. It's like the size of a fucking wall.

OzNimbus said:
Yeah, but you have to run software written for OSX on it. Kinda negates the advantage right there. :lol:
-0z-
actually macs can run Windows XP SP2 natively now, and by the report i read it was more stable and responsive than on the reviewer's own PC.

OzNimbus said:
Seriously though, a 30 inch display would be amazing. Personally, I'm waiting for a 42 inch LCD with a 6 ms pixel response, then I'll hang it on the front wall of the control room & take the monitor off my desk permanently.
-0z-

Watch out for the screen resolution man. My employer just buyed a 50 inch Panasonic plasma display that looks astonishing on DVD playback and movie shit. The screen is on the wall in front of me and my 23" Apple Cinema Display. Well, when i plugged my Mac video out i realised that the screen is 1366x768 native resolution and will not work in bigger resolutions. I had to install a new software just to have pixel-matching, because this is not a common resolution for computer video-cards. And it looks like SHIT o_O
1366x768 next to 1900x1200 from my ACD is like taking me back to the ZX Spectrum times :headbang: Everything is so big and blurry....

James Murphy said:
actually macs can run Windows XP SP2 natively now, and by the report i read it was more stable and responsive than on the reviewer's own PC.

Boot camp and parallels are slow!!!

It still can't access certain MAC hardware and this really only works okay on units built after January.