Just discovered the Iron Maiden's

ZeusMutation

New Metal Member
Feb 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
Hows it everyone!
My first "sneak out of the house" concert was IM back in 87' Like so many others, Maiden was the End-All-Be-All band for me growing up.
I've never been a fan of cover groups but people have been telling me to check out the Iron Maiden's for years. Never did, I live in a bubble. I finally checked them out via Youtube and I'm hooked!! The music is... well, Maiden!! What hooked me though is the combo of personality and skills. I cant wait to see them live, looks like Slidebar is the next opportunity. I'll be there!
Up the Irons

yep can't go wrong at a maidens show, i was a little aprehensive at first,(oh soo long ago) but after that first show i was hooked

If you live in the LA area, you can see them at least 10 times a year. They aren't just a typical cover band, because as not being guys, inherently it will have a unique twist to the songs. Hopefully one day there will be a show where Nita and Courtney have no technical difficulties, but if that ever happens, I will think something has gone terribly wrong with the world.

Unfortunately... after 48 minutes past 2pm when I saw the guitarist getting drinks I realized it was time to go, I left. My time is extremely important to me. I spend it wisely! No wealth can buy one minute of it back. Maybe I'll catch them one day in the future.

Unfortunately... after 48 minutes past 2pm when I saw the guitarist getting drinks I realized it was time to go, I left. My time is extremely important to me. I spend it wisely! No wealth can buy one minute of it back. Maybe I'll catch them one day in the future.

Im not sure if youre joking, but my experience was vastly different. My friends and I met at the Spaghetti factory @ noon, got the party started with Baileys / coffee, $5.00 20oz beers. Couldnt get any chicks to kiss me at Mardis Gras, so went to the Slide Bar @2:00. We had like 9 in our party, and I couldnt tell you what time they went on because we were too busy having a good time there and made some new concert friends as well. Everyone was partying from what I saw. Personally I dedicate the entire day to the show and after party we had. Sorry to hear you were on such a tight schedule, hell of a good time.

Hey this guy is really funny! So you left because a concert started late is what you are saying? Haha this guy is classic! Have you ever been to any concert ever that starts on time?
Johann, I like your style. I would have added some Jameson to that coffee though too.

Yes, I'm saying 48 minutes past start time, with at least another 30 minutes before they come on, I left.
Yes, I've been to many, many shows that start on time or shortly after. I have stuff to do in my life... if you have the time to wait, good for you!

JoHann - I'm glad you had a great time! I looked forward to it, I even dragged a buddy who isn't a Maiden fan. Unfortunately I didn't have all day to dedicate to it. Additionally, I don't live close to Fullerton either.

Man this guy's ass is so tight you couldn't get a pin up it with jack hammer!

Hey bro, you ever hear of drinking and socializing before the band comes on?

Johann, did you know Dark and Stormy is the only patented drink? Without Goslings Rum it is not a Dark and Stormy! Actually any bar not using Goslings for this, is liable for a lawsuit from Goslings No joke! Crazy shit!

Get Gosling's Black Seal Rum and a real natural Ginger beer. Add some lime.

Well, it's a rum and ginger then. NOT a Dark and Stormy.

We should meet up at a rum bar sometime. You ever go to Cana Rum Bar?

Don't invite Zeus, I couldn't imagine what he'd do if you showed up late.

That's like saying you made orange juice with apples. Dark and Stormy by definition is Gosling's Rum, Ginger Beer and lime optional. If not Gosling's it ain't no Dark and Stormy. Doesn't mean it's not good, just not a Dark and Stormy. Now let's drink up!