Just done a Power Quest guitar cover

Demigod1234

New Metal Member
Oct 13, 2009
Hey guys, im more of a lurker than I am a poster, but I just recorded a cover on guitar of the Power Quest song "Far Away" and thought you might like to see it being as your all Power Quest fans :headbang:

The video syncing is a bit mucked up in places (I prerecorded and then filmed for the heck of it) and I think I didnt turn up the guitars enough but what the heck I had fun doing it and hope you enjoy it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Solid effort, but your backing track's a little out of time and I THINK your guitar may be a little flat. Also, if you could do a version where the guitar is louder?

Thanks man, yeah I agree on the backing track side, this is something I rustled up quickly to get a new video on the tube, I will correct the issues tomorrow. As for the tuning, the guitar was actually perfectly in tune, the "flatness" your hearing is something to do with the guitar itself, it doesnt like open chords for some reason (the guitar was actually built by my dad, we are still trial and erroring it). I will put a newer version up at a later date with louder guitars to :)

Yeah a bit of a cacophony (and not the type with Jason Becker :D) with the backing and the flat guitars sort of fighting to be loudest. Very much liked the solos though, great stuff :headbang:

Backing track timing issues have been sorted, it was mainly the vocal synths that I have moved back slightly, in terms of guitars I think its best I wait til my dad has corrected a few things with this guitar first, or maybe wait till I get my DBZ to redo the rhythm guitars ;) rest assured I will stick a redone version up at another time along with Temple of Fire when I am happy with the solos (the solos are the one thing I didnt want to mess up and yet somehow they come out alright haha XD)

Cheers Steve, do you have any sheet music, tabs or even a guitar pro file for Diamond Sky? Its my fav PQ song and im dieing to learn it!