Just got a Maxon OD9!!!! WHOOO

RAWKIN'!!
I can dig this. Good production - the vocals add a nice touch to it.
Thank you for giving us the heads-up on this tune.
Take care.

Erm... fine on its own, but that 'low-end robbing' is what makes an OD in front of an amp useful in the first place.

Jeff

Not for me. To me, the OD-9Pro+ is the most transparent. My SD-1 sounds good with the 5150 also, but it really does take away the low end to the point that the resonance cannot fix it. And I was under the impression that the SD-1 was quite similar to the tube screamer circuitry. Also, it doesn't get the honky midrange thing going on like the SD-1 does. For me at least...YMMV.

-Joe

This was my home setup, with andy sneap style micing, into my mbox hooked up to a mac mini 1.25ghz G4. not much to it really cab was in my bedroom and we were in the adjacent office. thats the reason we used DFH because I just don't have a good enough setup to get even a passable drum sound. again thanks for all the comments any criticism is welcome as well. I've learned plenty from this forum by reading what people said about other people's stuff so it'd be a great help to hear some about my own.

Can you clarify on the "andy sneap style micing"?

Not for me. To me, the OD-9Pro+ is the most transparent. My SD-1 sounds good with the 5150 also, but it really does take away the low end to the point that the resonance cannot fix it. And I was under the impression that the SD-1 was quite similar to the tube screamer circuitry. Also, it doesn't get the honky midrange thing going on like the SD-1 does. For me at least...YMMV.

-Joe

The SD-1 is very close - I'll have SD-1 mods in the FAQ at some point. I guess if you don't need it, enjoy - I've found that with some pickups I don't need it, but in those cases I just wouldn't bother with an overdrive.

Jeff

The SD-1 is very close - I'll have SD-1 mods in the FAQ at some point. I guess if you don't need it, enjoy - I've found that with some pickups I don't need it, but in those cases I just wouldn't bother with an overdrive.

Jeff

Yeah I can definitely agree there. Engl amps for example don't need any overdrives IMO. The Fireball was a monster on it's own. For me, the Maxon just gives the 5150 the extra push over the edge as far as "chunk" and tightness are concerned. I probably wouldn't bother using it for rock, etc.

-Joe