Just got an ENGL. In love :)

he allready said he's going to post a video so give him a rest.

ns, would love to get such lessons from a guitar teacher :D

No disrespect! I wasn't there when you tracked it and I'm not one to accuse.
But I have used autotune on guitars and done halftime guitar tracking with my clients before and that's what it sounds like.

Wow, dude posts a sweet riff and suddenly it's bullshit and he needs to prove himself? :err:

Check out his vids on youtube and tell me if you think he can't play that.

The guy shreds. Simple as that.

No disrespect! I wasn't there when you tracked it and I'm not one to accuse.
But I have used autotune on guitars and done halftime guitar tracking with my clients before and that's what it sounds like.

yeah dude also he may have just slipedited the tracked guitar file, which sometimes it can sound like that too. still sick riff

pretty sick riff! tbh though the descending runs sound very midi ish.. almost like there put in a step sequencer..

Ok- Regarding the "fake guitar stuff" lol

There are a few techniques I use when playing that are pretty odd that I've picked up from Shane Gibson. One has to do with "economy picking" which I'd like to think I've gotten very good at. This eco picking+a LIGHT palm mute typically leads to a very midi--video game like sound.

If you go to http://www.myspace.com/shaneshred and listen to "Emo Village Pillage", shane uses this technique in the beginning. When I first heard this, I thought it was for sure fake, until I met the guy and he played it right infront of me. I was amazed!

I suppose technical/very precise stuff is something I've worked really hard to perfect, and it's sounding like I'm doing a decent job, if it sounds this way :b

Video soon!

Ok- Regarding the "fake guitar stuff" lol

There are a few techniques I use when playing that are pretty odd that I've picked up from Shane Gibson. One has to do with "economy picking" which I'd like to think I've gotten very good at. This eco picking+a LIGHT palm mute typically leads to a very midi--video game like sound.

If you go to http://www.myspace.com/shaneshred and listen to "Emo Village Pillage", shane uses this technique in the beginning. When I first heard this, I thought it was for sure fake, until I met the guy and he played it right infront of me. I was amazed!

I suppose technical/very precise stuff is something I've worked really hard to perfect, and it's sounding like I'm doing a decent job, if it sounds this way :b

Video soon!

On which part of the tab do you economy pick? The fast descending runs are mostly made off 2-4 notes per string, which doesn't really allow economy picking. I can see where you can use it on part of the last run, but other than that you would be doing an even number of pick strokes for each pattern, which wouldn't allow for the economy sweep.

Either way, I could give two shits. This riff sounds bad ass, and it's giving me a good ole' hard time trying to play it up to speed. Thanks!

Just checked out some YouTube vids and this guy is sick!
One question, where the fuck were you when my band needed a touring guitar player!

Just saw that you're in I am Abomination.. I love you guys 100X. Need a touring guitarist I'm right here :) haha