5150 & ENGL - Quickie Mix

sick tone dude, my band are using a Powerball into Nuendo with EZDrummer for our album demos and we haven't been able to get tone like this yet!

that was nice.. can i ask:

was the mic straight on dead center?

what was the gain levels on the amps about?

what in general, was the post processing on the guitars and drums?

the bass sounds great too. what was that in?

thanks
Eddie

oh well. guess it's a secret

oh well. guess it's a secret

sorry dude, quite the opposite!

i used a single 57 on the GT75, in a very typical 'sneap' position at the edge where the dustcap meets the cone, about 1/4 inches away from the grill.

The gain was a bit higher on the 5150 than I would have liked, but I did this all very quickly on a whim. I think the gain was about 3.5 or 4 with the OD820 at (o'clock): 9, 10, Noon.

Guitars are URS Strip Pro for a bit of "Neve" saturation with it's input stage, and also used it for filtering (60hz HP and 12k LP, basically) AND EQ, using the API Emu's on all bands.

Drums I really don't remember, lot's of Waves SSL I'm sure with a sample on the kick 100% and snare being a mix of the Sonor 2 snare and a Slate sample (probably Snare10, which I LOVE).

Bass is actually pitch-shifted guitar! :) I've gotten better at not making it sound like shit. I recorded it through the 5150's 'clean' channel with the OD820 still on for a bit of grind.

Then, AmpexSVX and URS Strip Pro for EQ, Compression and filtering.

Hope it helps dude!