ENGL v30 impuses and 5150 demo.

Sounds fantastic! What do you EQ your guitars with? I've been trying my hand at recording with impulses and although I can get pretty decent results, it doesn't compare to yours :worship:. And also, are you using a bass guitar on your clips?

Here are my attempts with a Peavey JSX and a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser using Guitarhacks' Impulses.

Peavey JSX Clips

Sounds friggin excellent!

Sorry for the newb question, but where can these new Engl impulses be found and who's are they?? thanks,

-Joe

Thanks for the opinions!

For bass I use Revalver MKII, I use a bass amp model, a tube screamer to give a little crunch and one of the ampeg 8x10 impulse. Then I use a multiband compressor bass preset to give more "in your face" sound and finally I add a bit bost in the 60Hz area with a Waves plugin called RBass, and this one is probably the key to obtain this nice low end (but it's easy to give and excessive low end, therefore you must use it carefully). My bass is an Ibanez SR505.

I forgot that I recorded this demo with mi ESP Horizon with Seymour Duncan TB4 pickup with really new strings (I think that new strings are one of the most important things to get a tight and agressive sound).

If someone is interested, here is all my 5150 settings:

Hi gain imput
Lead Channel
Pre gain: 5,5
Lows: 7
Mids: 2
Highs: 7
Post Gain: 0,8
Resonance: 7
Pressence: 6

Preamp output.
No tubescreamer, only 5150.

Sounds killer,again.

I have couple questions for you:
Are you using boogex or SIR,to use those impulses?
Do you use just one impulse in guitar track or is there multiple?(Maybe stupid question,got to ask.lol)
If u use boogex,could you tell those settings or send me a screenshot of it,or post it here in this thread?
I have been messing with these impulses couple days and they sounds good,but not like yours...Maybe it is my fault...most likely.lol.

BTW:Thanks for those 5150 settings

Cheers!

Sounds killer,again.

I have couple questions for you:
Are you using boogex or SIR,to use those impulses?
Do you use just one impulse in guitar track or is there multiple?(Maybe stupid question,got to ask.lol)
If u use boogex,could you tell those settings or send me a screenshot of it,or post it here in this thread?
I have been messing with these impulses couple days and they sounds good,but not like yours...Maybe it is my fault...most likely.lol.

BTW:Thanks for those 5150 settings

Cheers!

Thanks for the opinion!

I use Boogex, I only touch the lows on it (-2 dB) and in the "emphasis and cut filters", I put a low filter on 60 Hz.

I mix two impulses: 2 guitars have the engl v30 with higher presence and the other 2 have the GuitarHack "Fredman Angled -10".

I add a touch of freefilter to the final mix copying the curve eq. of Clayman (In Flames), setting it to 50% (only to give an extra of presence to the mix), it don't give a drastic change to the sound.

Thanks ,for the answers.

What the hell is freefilter?
Could you send me that curve eq preset?

Sorry,If I ask stupid questions.

I like your tones a lot.

My english is so bad,so could you send me screenshots at those aplictaions.Sorry.
I hope you understandt...lol

I use the shitty stock soundcard that comes with mi PC, it's a Realtek AC97, I have a Terratec Phase 22 that I don't use because it hasn't direct monitoring and give me a lot of problems of configuration:puke:

im very impressed your getting such a good sound with the stock sound card :loco: anyway i was thinking of getting a Terratec Phase 22 you say its not that good? im looking for something under 200 euros with great mic pre inputs.