ENGL pro + Mesa OS + 5150 demo

hellraiser85

Sep 1, 2007
Spain
www.myspace.com
Hi! I did a test with two different impulses, I recorded 2 guitars, but I doubled the recorded tracks using "copy and paste" and I added different impulses to the copied guitars, so I have 4 guitars with this configuration:

Guitar 1
L100 – INCH OFF EDGE -1

Guitar 2 (same track that Guitar 1)
L80 – Engl Pro 4x12 V30 SM57 Between 02

Guitar 3
R100 – INCH OFF EDGE -1

Guitar 4 (same track that Guitar 3)
R80 - Engl Pro 4x12 V30 SM57 Between 02

I use C4 Waves to control the low mids and did a few cuts in 450 Hz, 800 Hz and 1600 Hz. Low pass filter at 12 KHz and Hi pass filter at 60 Hz.

What do you think about this sound? Any suggestion? I think it sounds very rich, organic and big, and there isn't phase problems.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=790227&songID=7130435

Yeah, I agree that there could be too much low-end, but at least it's not woofing on the palm-mutes, so I'd really have to hear it in a mix to be sure. Also, I feel it could use a little more presence to get some more cut, but otherwise bitchin' dude!

I added a bit of low end with a pluggin called RBass (Waves), I will mix this track with drums and bass to see how it sounds in a mix. And yes, it needs more presence, but I usually add it when I do the mastering. I must say that I recorded it with my Schecter Hellraiser (all mahogany and EMG's 707 = dark sound) with very old strings (darker sound), but in the other hand, I think it sounds very similar to "End Of Heartache" guitar tone.

I added a bit of low end with a pluggin called RBass (Waves)

GAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :lol:

But seriously, you should have NO problem getting enough bass with that guitar, pickup, and cab, without having to use some Waves nonsense!