Engl Powerball recording

Manfred [NL]

New Metal Member
Jun 5, 2007
Hy

I just recorded my engl powerball using a Sure SM57 and Engl 4x12 V30 Cab in Cubase. I used C4 to cut off below 80Hz and raised the midds from 1000 to 4000 Hz. It is quad track recorded and only guitars and crappy drums ;), playing is not so tight but i wanted to know what you thought of my sound...

http://download.yousendit.com/1EB847DC4AEBBD3C

Thanx!

Gain is set on 3 so i don't think that is the fuzz problem, i think i have to do more with the C4, but i don't know what. And what can i do to add some "meat" haha. this is my first recording so i have alot to learn!

i think it sounds well nice, fucking ENGL rock, once thing I will say is that guitar tone is so subjective if it sounds good it sounds good, as long as it dosn't soak up your mix then... also one song may sound cool on its own but you have to reference it with other songs you may find your tone is way too dark or to fizzy compared to other stuff. just had another listen maybe for you rhythm sound you boost everything above 2.5kish gently just to brighten the sound up a bit, mind you i'm listening on the shitist speakers ever at the mo so don't listen to a thing i say! playings pretty good.