just got back from Kayo Dot at the Middle East

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
fucking amazing show. they only got to play Wayfarer and Pitcher (first time I've seen the full version) but they were FANTASTIC--Wayfarer, especially. everything was put together pretty much just right so you could hear the individual parts including the crucial vocals and everyone just did a bang-up job.

also for those of you who haven't yet checked out Cerberus Shoal, i recommend doing so--although I don't know how well their brilliant live show translates to CD. go see them if they come through your town.

friendly bears and brass castle were also pretty cool.

another interesting thing was that a guy came up to the merch table and asked me about a mailing list and i told him there wasn't really an operating one, but he could check the board on UM.com. he was like "oh, yeah, i lurk there sometimes but don't post. are you the guy who has the animated avatar with the fish or snake bottom thing?" i guess he recognized me! hah.

(p.s. hi lurker)

also, you were wearing a similar red shirt with a yellow print on it. albeit not that chic one you're wearing in that avatar.