Just got MABOOL (2 cd limited edition) a week ago...holy shit!!!

Alcapoth

S t a r E
Apr 27, 2002
ON, Canada
Visit site
Words cannot even begin to describe how impressed I was with the sound of Orphaned Land. :headbang: Mabool is a masterpiece. In fact, they are like my favourite band right now way up there alongside Opeth.

Thank god an online friend mentioned these guys to me or I'd probably likely never even have heard of them.

What really strikes me about this album is its OVERALL, sheer brilliance. The entire album is just flawless and not ONE track is remotely weak. It's heavy, folky at times and just too damn beautiful. So much variety in style and damn, some of the most phenomenal guitar solos I have heard in metal as well as the most beautiful acoustic work. If you guys are reading this by any chance, then let me tell you that all of you are skilled players. The vocals, both clean and distorted are simply top-notch.

Well, I can't say enough to give the album justice. Anyone who is remotely into music like this should check them out.

As for me, (and ALL the tracks rule), I'll just name the 5 which are absolutely my most favourite ones.

1. Halo Dies (killer solo and excellent ambient sound with synth)
2. Building the Ark (phenomenally brilliant acoustic piece near the end)
3. A Call to Awake (oh damn, the intro is spectacular)
4. Ocean Land (love the clean vocal parts and excellent solo)
5. Birth of the Three (the growls near the end come to mind...great moment)

I'm curious what others think.

I gotta check out the rest of the album's now.

And the bonus cd, :OMG: is fucking incredible to the point of "woah, this is live???" The sound rules and the playing is ultimately skillful. Damn, as if the actual cd wasn't enough there is 24 more spectacular minutes of all-acoustic music. Incredible.

Track 4, The Beloved's Cry has some of the most moving acoustic guitar moments I have heard. The song is a work of magnificence. Some of the stuff on this cd even remind me of bits of Ulver, nice.

Welcome Alcapoth :wave:
Even though words can't describe OL's music and all the feelings that accrued from it,
your words describe some of the brightness of OL's music :worship: :headbang:

Cheers Kobi! It's cool you replied, and for that, I'd like to wish you and the rest of the guys in the band all the success you surely deserve.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Now, I MUST ask the question which is the sole purpose of this post; WILL ORPHANED LAND come to Canada? Or heck, even the United States. It would be remarkable to see the band live.

Alcapoth said:
Words cannot even begin to describe how impressed I was with the sound of Orphaned Land. :headbang: Mabool is a masterpiece.

So true. "The Evil Urge" on the bonus disc is one of my favorite songs of all time. The arrangement, the vocals, the lyrics, the percussion....so beautiful, I listen to it many mornings.

Oh hell yes, "The Evil Urge" is a brilliant song, but I'll still go with "The Beloved's Cry" as the best on the cd. I have a feeling I'll LOVE the Sahara album, man. Heck, El Norra Alili as well. I'm gonna have to track them down real soon.

Alcapoth said:
Oh hell yes, "The Evil Urge" is a brilliant song, but I'll still go with "The Beloved's Cry" as the best on the cd. I have a feeling I'll LOVE the Sahara album, man. Heck, El Norra Alili as well. I'm gonna have to track them down real soon.

when i finish paying off the 'rents for my bass amp, you bet I will too. Seeya on eBay, friend!