Just got me one of them pro-toolses

Gelatin

Boob inspector
Jun 10, 2002
Stockholm, Sweden
www.facebook.com
I decided, like a lot of other people, to go Pro-Tools, not because I'm unhappy with Cubase (quite the opposite) but because Pro-Tools is industry standard. I've lost a couple of mixing projects because for the client "it would be a lot more expensive to bounce tracks down to .wav and move over to Cubase for mixing" - And I've had to hire people to take my cubase exported .wav's and import them into pro-tools before delivering them for someone else to mix.

Now I've got the Digi 002 rack & pro tools 8 to get me started. I'd really like to hear what you guys would consider must-have plugins that don't cost an arm and a leg.

Get thee to Masseyplugins.com and pick up Tape Head, the L2007 limiter, and anything else that sparks your interest. Stephen Massey's plugs are inexpensive and sound excellent.

URS just updated their Channel Strip Pro plug-in and it sounds great. It's $500 but if you're a student (nudge) you can get a sweet discount. You can also rent-to-own any URS plug, which is a great thing.

Finally, I could not live without Analog Channel from McDSP.