Quick Pro Tools/Mac questions

HeadCrusher

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
Hi guys,

I’m going to record some stuff in a studio that runs Pro Tools on a Mac. Since I’m normally on Cubase/PC I have two quick questions regarding some basic setup stuff.

Thanks for any help in advance.

First Question: Setting up Resolution/Samplerate

I want to record my stuff at 24 Bit / 44.1 kHz. In Cubase I would do the following in order to achieve the correct format.
  1. Go to the FirePod Driver (Taskbar icon) and set the Samplerate to 44.1 kHz.
  2. Open a project in Cubase, go to 'Project' - 'Project Settings' and set Samplerate to 44.1 kHz and Resolution to 24 Bit.
  3. Done.
How do I go about that in Pro Tools on a Mac? I know that I can set the Samplerate and the Resolution when opening a new project. But is there anything equivalent to my FirePod Driver where I need to set the Samplerate and/or the Resolution as well? Any settings I need to change at the interface? The studio is using Pro Tools LE 8 together with a Digi 003 Rack on Mac OS X Leopard.

Second Question: Setting up recording filetype

Is there any way to tell Pro Tools on a Mac to record .WAV-files instead of .AIFF-files?

Thanks again guys.

Command+N to create a new session.. all the parameters you want appear in the same dialog box in which you name and choose where on your drives to create your session.. no need to do anything to the interface.