mac / pro tools equivalent to gclip

Hey Joey, you can try the T-Racks Clipper. I know jval clips all of his stuff just using the TDM Trim plugin though and thinks it sounds better than the T-Racks.

Ozone will function as a clipper as well.

Clippers aren't really doing shit, especially on any track that isn't the master since you can't clip an individual track with the amount of headroom that's in the digital realm. Jordan just basically lets his master bus clip as much as he can get it to without sounding like shit, no special plugin required.

Hey Joey, you can try the T-Racks Clipper. I know jval clips all of his stuff just using the TDM Trim plugin though and thinks it sounds better than the T-Racks.

Ozone will function as a clipper as well.

Clippers aren't really doing shit, especially on any track that isn't the master since you can't clip an individual track with the amount of headroom that's in the digital realm. Jordan just basically lets his master bus clip as much as he can get it to without sounding like shit, no special plugin required.

i use gclip to make my snare sound

literally can't make the snare sound without clipping it

i don't use gclip on my master bus when im mastering, but i do use gclip as a utility function sometimes, like when im bouncing a keyboard part that might clip + 1 or 2 db somewhere in the middle of its part, just throw gclip on it and bounce it

i just tried the t-racks clipper

it worked like i expected it to, except when i put it on the master fader track, and peaked the clipper output at -0.1, i had to turn my master fader down to -9.2 before it stopped red-lighting on the fader channel...

what's up with that?

Event Horizon is the only one i know but i cant use it on pro tools, so i hope somebody help with this one.

Btw...

It seems joey that you are in the middle of a big battle switching from cubase to pro tools. Pro tools HD truly is a new world but you work just great in cubase. Is it worth?

i use gclip to make my snare sound

literally can't make the snare sound without clipping it

So you are clipping the snare until it AUDIBLY distorts? If it's not audibly distorting then you aren't doing anything audible to the snare at all, so unless you purposely clip your snares to the point where they sound like crackly digital garbage then I really don't understand what you are doing...

Clipping snare tracks directly gives you that strong plastic attack characteristic, and allows you to push your masters very hard without losing it in the mix. It's preparation and tailoring, more or less, for a mix that will maximize easily.