GClip for Mac Kick Starter

Interesting. I'd considered writing a similar plugin for Mac, but GClip is the king. If he can't get funded, I may get around to it though.

So no AU, then? count me out.

EDIT. well, it looks like there's no clarification on any file types, so I'd want that before pitching in. And he'd want 3,500 quid to buy a Macbook? Does it really need to be encased in gold or whatever to make it that pricy? Let's keep a perspective.

Interesting. I'd considered writing a similar plugin for Mac, but GClip is the king. If he can't get funded, I may get around to it though.

That'd be great, man. IK Multimedia's clipper is a solid alternative, but GClip's oversampling option and waveform visualization are both awesome. If you wrote a clipper, would you try to include those features?

By the way, love ReCab!

So no AU, then? count me out.

EDIT. well, it looks like there's no clarification on any file types, so I'd want that before pitching in. And he'd want 3,500 quid to buy a Macbook? Does it really need to be encased in gold or whatever to make it that pricy? Let's keep a perspective.

He's unemployed. The £3500 is to pay for a Mac and 4 months worth of work.

Wuht.... a used Mac Mini would set you back a few hundred pounds, add an SSD, and you're golden. Seems a bit sketchy to me tbh, I don't see why he wants to raise so much... given the plugins really aren't that special... a resounding MEH from me.

Wuht.... a used Mac Mini would set you back a few hundred pounds, add an SSD, and you're golden. Seems a bit sketchy to me tbh, I don't see why he wants to raise so much... given the plugins really aren't that special... a resounding MEH from me.

This +1, a basic Macbook is an expense he could probably cut in half. That'd make him raise the money quicker.

A single guy developing and giving out useful plugins for years now asks for money to get them to the mac platform, and people immediately start bitching about the sum. :)

A single guy developing and giving out useful plugins for years now asks for money to get them to the mac platform, and people immediately start bitching about the sum. :)

Lol for real especially when some producers might of maybe used his clipper on records that sold very well. :rolleyes:

Anyways weather he needs if for a golden fleshlight to bang or to pay his rent I really don't care.

To this day I use his highpass, Tuner, Gate and clipper like crazy! I've used them all over Projects I've made money on.
Hell before I bought C4 and Wavestune I was using his FREE multiband and Pitch correction VST's which work amazing.

See how developers adopt apple's business practice,like charging people for nothing.
onQel,now this one...
I bet this guy already got hackintosh together and he might even have ported his software,he's just waiting for mac idiots to pay his bills.

I DO support developers,I just don't bullshit that developing for mac is more expensive.

If he wants to make money, he should charge for the plug-in, and if people really wanted to support him, they'd pay for it.

If he spends the money on hookers and blow, I couldn't care less, but to say "hey, pay my bills and buy me a Macbook" is a bit bold. There are cheaper ways to get a good Mac, as has already been pointed out in this thread.

By the looks of things, this would be VST only.

So that's what you get for giving away your time and stuff for free for years?
Acting like an ungrateful bunch of bitches?

If I understood it right, he said he can work on the port if he can afford to not look for a new job, hence get some money together for life, and stuff.

If he wants to make money, he should charge for the plug-in, and if people really wanted to support him, they'd pay for it.

So he should suddenly charge for plugins that used to be free?
So you wouldnt search the whole web for the old dll's and rather pay for them? I doubt that

See how developers adopt apple's business practice,like charging people for nothing.
onQel,now this one...

Wooooooooow.

FWIW, I'd rather he get situated with a job and then do the plug-in later, as it feels uncomfortable paying his rent. I understand that this isn't an easy sector to make quick money in, but Kickstarter shouldn't be a substitute for public assistance.

I don't get what the problem is. He develops plugins, which he shares for free. The plugin bundle is rather succesful. It's about time he starts to earn some money.

Got no problem he's paying his mortgage, computer etc. from this.

You just did a project, recorded drumsamples for the mic, decide to put them up for sale so you can earn some extra money....and eventually...pay your mortgage, new compressor, computer with it.

So he should suddenly charge for plugins that used to be free?
So you wouldnt search the whole web for the old dll's and rather pay for them? I doubt that

Have a think about it, he made the original plug-in for free, I don't see why he all of a sudden needs people to pay his bills to make it for Mac. Especially the purchase of a Macbook, which isn't 100% essential if he can get a Mac Mini for a lot cheaper.

How many other free plug-in guys are asking for money to make a plug-in/buy a computer/pay their bills?

Wooooooooow.

FWIW, I'd rather he get situated with a job and then do the plug-in later, as it feels uncomfortable paying his rent. I understand that this isn't an easy sector to make quick money in, but Kickstarter shouldn't be a substitute for public assistance.

This pretty much sums up my feelings.

he can ask for what he wants. nobody has to pay him anything if they don't want to. i find it completely mental that people should expect someone to do what's essentially a job on terms that he doesn't want to do, not least when he's giving all his work away for free. it doesn't make a difference to anyone, beyond the fact of whether it happens or not.

the main problem I have is he's not doing it for AU.....