Just got Penetralia :)

Syndrome

Savage Messiah
Nov 3, 2002
Sweden
Visit site
Ok, here's the story..

Today I was in town and found a new record store. It was cool, they had some metal :) And I saw they had Hypocrisy. Now, the hard thing. I couldn't choose between Osculum Obscenum or Penetralia. I was thinking "Damn, I heard Osculum, it's good but... Some people says Penetralia is better, but I haven't heard Penetralia."

Well.. After some thinking I decided to go for Penetralia, even if I haven't heard it.

I got home, putted the cd in my stereo, and got.. hypnotized :)
The cd is fucking great! Better than Osculum!

Post opinions about the cd ;)

- Syndrome :devil:

NP: A Canorus Quintet - Retaliation

It's my least favorite Hypocrisy, but is still good. I haven't listened to it obsessively like I have their other stuff though... yet.

The songs I've heard from the cd are really cool, but I don't have the album. I have the Osculum digi pack with Inferior Devoties and Pleasure of Molestation MCD's as bonus. I've heard people complain on this board before about the production of the Fourth Demension (I agree, not good) but it's just as bad or worse on Osculum. I'm not sure when these MCD's were released but the production actually sounds better at times on them. Can you compare Penetrailia's production? I'll probably get it eventually if I can find it.

Syndrome said:
Ok, here's the story..

Today I was in town and found a new record store. It was cool, they had some metal :) And I saw they had Hypocrisy. Now, the hard thing. I couldn't choose between Osculum Obscenum or Penetralia. I was thinking "Damn, I heard Osculum, it's good but... Some people says Penetralia is better, but I haven't heard Penetralia."

Well.. After some thinking I decided to go for Penetralia, even if I haven't heard it.

I got home, putted the cd in my stereo, and got.. hypnotized :)
The cd is fucking great! Better than Osculum!

Post opinions about the cd ;)

- Syndrome :devil:

NP: A Canorus Quintet - Retaliation
I think Penetralia is MUCH better than Osculum too. Well done man ;)

Penetralia is great but i agree with the majority-Osculum is much better. Cases in point: Necronomicon, Symbol Of Baphomet, Exclamation Of A Necrofag. Some of the best Hypocrisy tunes ever.

Penetralia rules! It's my third favorite Hypocrisy album after the S/T and Abducted. I really like to production on it and the riffs are killer. It's nothing spectacular, it's just some good old Deicide-inspired death metal! Love it...

Hm, I had a similar scenario going a few days a go. In my case it was Penetralia vs. Fourth Dimension. Ended up with Penetralia since that was the one I've heard about the most. Uhm, it was not like the Hypocrisy stuff I've heard before - way more brutal or what to call it. I have to admit that I haven't listened to it that much yet but I like what I've heard so far. The vocals are cool - I didn't know about the vocalist being a member of Dark Funeral...