Hypocrisy RE-RELEASE: Penetralia + Osculum Obscenum

Dib

Dec 8, 2005
That's all. Hypocrisy will re-release their 2 first and most brutal albums:

http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label...331.hypocrisy-will-re-release-penetralia.html

This is the new tracklist for this albums:

CD 1 - Penetralia (remastered + live bonus)

1 Impotent God
2 Suffering Souls
3 Nightmare
4 Jesus Fall
5 God Is A Lie
6 Left To Rot
7 Burn By The Cross
8 To Escape Is To Die
9 Take The Throne
10 Penetralia
Bonus tracks:
11 Left To Rot (live)
12 God Is A Lie (live)

CD 2 - Osculum Obscenum (remastered + live bonus)

1 Pleasure of Molestation
2 Exclamation of a Necrofag
3 Osculum Obscenum
4 Necronomicon
5 Black Metal (Venom cover song)
6 Inferior Devoties
7 Infant Sacrifices
8 Attachment to the Ancestor
9 Althotas
Bonus tracks:
10 Pleasure Of Molestation (live)
11 Osculum Obscenum (live)
12 Necronomicon (live)

Not good at all. I was hoping something like DEMOS from ALL the songs and never released tracks from each album's era. Penetralia will not include the 2 bonus tracks from the past re-release: "Life of Filth" and "Lead by Satanism". That's VERY STUPID. Live tracks are good. But again, I was hoping something like ENTIRE shows from each album's era.

I don't know if I want remastered albums. For me, those 2 are PERFECT the way they are.

Even when they aren't my favorite (those would be from The Fourth Dimension until Hypocrisy) there is no doubt that OSCULUM OBSCENUM is the most brutal and the BEST album they ever made, a "Blackened-Death Metal" like no band ever made. These 2 albums are very important in the evolution of the scene in the early 90s, so they deserve more than this re-release.

Thanks for nothing Nuclear Blast! You ruined it... AGAIN!

Anyway, I will get this box no matter what hahaha :lol:

Hey man, well it is totally true, this will be the 4th penetralia that I'll own!!! they should have put more stuff, I think NB are doing this for the newcomer fans o what ever, let's see maybe there'll be surprises or not, will be fun to keep the collection up to date!!!

I don't think so. Peter's voice now suck. His voice killed everything between 1996 - 2002. Not now. And i think it fits perfect with the Hypocrisy sound (from the fourth dimension-abducted, until now). Masse's voice was brutal and perfect for the satanic-evil lyrics and music on those days. In my opinion, Masse's voice is perfect for those albums.

I know this is just a matter of taste, but do you really prefer Peter's voice as it is today instead of the original ones? I love his vocal work, but he is no longer 25 - 30 years old and so his voice. He just can't do those long extreme screams he did in the past.

I know this is just a matter of taste, but do you really prefer Peter's voice as it is today instead of the original ones? I love his vocal work, but he is no longer 25 - 30 years old and so his voice. He just can't do those long extreme screams he did in the past.

I know, they are real pussy screams, like in Weed out the Weak & Tales of thy Spineless........ ;)

Are you kidding me!?!? Those are studio recordings... STUDIO recordings... again, STUDIO recordings!. Very far from what reality is. Did you saw the band live this last 7 - 8 years? Even in 2004, when I saw them for the first time, Peter's screams were far from what we can hear on live albums and bootlegs from the 1996 - 2001 era.

oh btw, can you tell me where I said "pussy screams"?

There is something called "face the facts" and other thing called "fanaticism". I think you know very well what the second is.

haha, relax you big sook! Notice the winking face? it meant a bit of sarcasm. So i was well aware you didn't call them pussy screams i was, what you might call, fucking around.

You don't need to get all defensive, we're all friends.....sorta, well if we all love Hypocrisy we should all be friends!

I'll judge the screams when i see them in a week or so at Metal Days :kickass:

hahahaha Sorry man! My super power of deduction wasn't right this time! :lol:

Btw, Peter screaming in Wacken 98 and Nuclear Blast festivals 2000 >>>>>>>>>> All later releases

Let´s wait for the sound. I´ve listened re-issued, re-mastered album "Human" from Death band, and it´s really horrible. It´s terrible over-excited. It seems to me as if studio-engineer recording this for the phone´s owner and things like that. Personally, hate re-issue, re-mastered, re-every thing, really...