Just got SSD3.0 - Holy Bawlz!!!

Z3R0

Jan 18, 2008
Tucson, AZ
www.facebook.com
I just did my first mix myself with the Slate drums i got.

It completely took a headache off my shoulders! That plus the recent tricks or whatever you would call it advice on mixing for Sean in Silence, as well as Mr. Sturgis himself, i created this little baby in about an hour or two today.

And yes, i was so happy i even threw down some vocals, and no, i don't remember what they are.

Any suggestions/criticisms are appreciated!

http://www.myspace.com/alpinestudioscr - First song called "Liar"

*Just updated w/ brighter guitars, no verb on toms, cymbals up, and drums overall down.

the drums sound were pretty nice considering how quickly this was made but, the snare sounds like it has an overtone of sorts. perhaps this was reverb? you can really tell at about the (whenever the vocals stopped). im really not liking the main vocals though unfortunately. when i heard the music at the beginning i was imagining that i would hear some really powerful/mean vocals but was perplexed by what i actually heard . although, some of the background vocal bits are cool.

Dang. Too much reverb...or bad type of a reverb. Escpecially toms. Snare is reverb with some kinda "splot"...not so good. But hey, not bad otherwise! Kick and cymbals work well.
Guitars sound good, maybe littlebit too dark.

Listening to it at home i can hear the cymbols for more and yeah the guitars are a little dark.

Thanks for helping me guys!

And again, vocals were just me, i'm not at ALL a vocalist haha.

Yeah, i just threw up a new mix with brighter guitars, etc. details on the first post.

But Joey personally told me nothing, i've just been collecting tips n stuff he has posted on here for the past couple weeks for when i get all this. Now just gonna start my own vibes on it. But goddamn it was real nice having a starting point.

Goal = make pod = sound not like a pod!

Sounding a lot better. China can go down some, and those toms need a high pass around 100hz or higher to cut some of that booming low end. You could also go into the envelope section of each tom and lower the release to cut off a little bit of the sustain.