Just got Slate Drums. Drum test.

All the samples in the pack sounded like the high end had been cut, to get them sounding clear enough I had to really boost the treble, unless the clip was meant to have a lo-fi sound...

does sound better, mind telling me how you Eq'd them?

I boosted the treble a lot, mainly around the 4.0 K on ReaEQ, I did this to all the tracks, and on the main shred part (cool playing by the way dude) I cut some mids.

I also used Gclip before I rendered this. What did you use for the guitar sound?

after messing with the slate samples a lot more, i realize the less you do, the better they sound. Im used to superior drummer. I cant remember what i saved that project as, and i cant find it now. So i dont remember what drums i was using. I made another quick clip, excuse the sloppyness. This time i used Kick10, snare13a, and metal toms. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5702817/SSD testttt.mp3

I only added a slight eq to the kick, and compressed and eq'd the snare and toms. Im probably still doing too much too them.....haha

I boosted the treble a lot, mainly around the 4.0 K on ReaEQ, I did this to all the tracks, and on the main shred part (cool playing by the way dude) I cut some mids.

I also used Gclip before I rendered this. What did you use for the guitar sound?

im using a Axe Fx ultra. Everytime i upgrade the firmware, something changes and i swear my tones get worse and worse with it. And plus im using a new pickup (Dimarzio D activator X) and its WAYYYY TOO hott. I need to change it out for something else but im too lazy.

Now it's starting to sound like slate.
Still sound kind of weird, i'd use a different snare, but I can see where you're coming from now.

The guitars still could use a lot of work, but that's not what this test is for!