JUST HAD TO SAY IT

Every metal fan should sign the petition to get Metal Dave back into the drivers seat with his Metal Zone radio show. Having been in radio myself, I can testify that wet-behind-the-ears dipshits always seem to slime their way into a radio program director gig, only to many times either change formats, or trim the playlist unmercifully. These jerkoffs rarely ever know or care anything about music, or in this case, the fact that Dave has sweated blood at this show since 1993... for the most part on his own dime - and he refused to be paid for the gig. To my understanding, the only reason for dropping the show so far, is that metal is disturbing to the 19 year old college kid, who for some stupid reason, was put in charge of the station. Radio programmers usually don't give a flying pile of horse dookie about music, and why they're allowed into the gig with zero musical knowledge is beyond reasoning. So c'mon everyone, get behind this cause, and show these twits that we won't stand for them destroying metal in radio. Go to http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/savethemetalzone and sign now. Thanx

haha, thanks....now sign my petition

WVUA Radio finally got rid of THE METAL ZONE. of course without any good reason. Last time i checked i was an alumni (with a triple masters) that let's me do my little show, not anymore! it's now run by 19 year olds who have no idea what music is

please sign the petition http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/savethemetalzone

Woah. That's aggravating.

Was the metal show cancelled as a whole, or was it taken over by 19-year olds?

We have a slightly similar situation arising at WREK. We have been informed that all 'specialty' shows, like WREKage (our metal show) and other long-running legendary shows like Stonehenge, must have a "student host" to continue, due to security and access issues. The WREK-FM senior staff have made it clear that they want shows like WREKage and Stonehenge to continue...but we need to have dedicated student hosts. Which are kinda hard to come by on Friday evenings......

I think they allow students, faculty, or alumni to do the shows there. Not sure of all the details, whether it's Dave's show or just Dave they wanted to drop. Either way, it sucks.

Woah. That's aggravating.

Was the metal show cancelled as a whole, or was it taken over by 19-year olds?

We have a slightly similar situation arising at WREK. We have been informed that all 'specialty' shows, like WREKage (our metal show) and other long-running legendary shows like Stonehenge, must have a "student host" to continue, due to security and access issues. The WREK-FM senior staff have made it clear that they want shows like WREKage and Stonehenge to continue...but we need to have dedicated student hosts. Which are kinda hard to come by on Friday evenings......

The WREK-FM senior staff have made it clear that they want shows like WREKage and Stonehenge to continue...but we need to have dedicated student hosts. Which are kinda hard to come by on Friday evenings......

... I would do it... (seriously)

And about the topic: ROLL TIDE ROLL!!! About time we get to play for the National Championship again!

I also signed the petition. Hope everything works out for you Dave.

Nah.. I'm still a senior in high school. Do you have to go to Georgia Tech to do it or just a college in or near Atlanta?

Hurry the fuck up and graduate, fer Chrissakes! :lol:

5 more months... Hopefully

To be a student host, you have to be an active Georgia Tech student.

Well I might as well fill out a college app to GT for shits and giggles... Y'know because it's so easy to get accepted. X.X Perhaps I will get lucky and they will mistake mine for someone elses.

Errm, back on topic: Roll [Ark]Tide! :heh:

lmfao!!!

the petition is still up...
WVUA accepts faculty.staff, students and alumni. i was forced out cause i was 'intimidating' to the 20 year old girl that is my manager...
please sign this:
My college radio station has gotten rid of our metal show, it has been on since 1982, ive been the host since 1993. PLEASE sign my petition so the 19 and 20 year olds that run WVUA know that it is COLLEGE RADIO not COMMERCIAL RADIO and should not be playing Nickelback!
Thanks
Dave
PLEASE SAVE THE METAL ZONE sign the petition http://lnk.ms/4rCZb

the petition is still up...
WVUA accepts faculty.staff, students and alumni. i was forced out cause i was 'intimidating' to the 20 year old girl that is my manager...
please sign this:
My college radio station has gotten rid of our metal show, it has been on since 1982, ive been the host since 1993. PLEASE sign my petition so the 19 and 20 year olds that run WVUA know that it is COLLEGE RADIO not COMMERCIAL RADIO and should not be playing Nickelback!
Thanks
Dave
PLEASE SAVE THE METAL ZONE sign the petition http://lnk.ms/4rCZb