Just in case anyone was having this problem...

Beesson6606

In the Twilight World
Dec 26, 2007
Texas, United States
Whenever searching for merch on Ebay or videos on YouTube, I often search for "Swano" and "Swanö" I always ended up copying and pasting the O with the umlaut from a google search of Dan's name. However, there's an easier way to do this...

PC: alt + 0246
Mac: Option + u, then o

I'm sure other people have done the same, so I thought I'd share. Thanks for reading.

Finnish keyboard rocks too :p. öåäöåäöä. Swedish and Finnish keyboards may be the same keyboards...

But an useful tip anyway \o/ .

Why would you need an 'Å' on a Finnish keyboard (there's no 'Å' in the Finnish alphabet)? I guess because Swedish is considered the second official language in Finland?

I can write essays in Swedish with a computer at school :D .

I think that "The second official language in Finland" -thing is the main reason we have "Å" in our alphabet (there is "Å" in our Alphabet) but in the real world, people don't need it. I'm not sure if people need it in southern Finland but here in Raahe (quite close to Oulu, Uleåborg) no-one need it in real life.

Yeah. There are no Finnish words containing 'Å'. I can't remember there being an 'Å' in the Finnish alphabet either... But then again, my dad (he's from Finland) taught me that when I was at the age of 3 or something, so that's 33 years ago. Maybe it's changed since then.

You are right. There are no "å" -letters in Finnish words. But "å" belongs in Finnish alphabet :D . I remember the time when I was about 7 years old and learned to write at school. There was "å" in the end of the letters and it still is.

As you can see, there's no common sense in this but it's just the way it is :) . In my opinion Swedish should not be the another official language of Finland because we have just 100 000 people who speak Swedish (there are about 5,2 million people in Finland). We have to study Swedish just because we have 100 000 Swedish-speaking Finns who live in Finland and can speak Finnish:D. Isn't it weird? I must add that I don't want to criticise your language.

It's maybe the history why we still have Swedish in our another official language. About hundred years (or something, I'm bad at remembering years :\) ago there were a lot of Swedish people here in Finland blaablaa. I don't have enough strength to tell everything about this but I'm sure you got the point :) .

Turkish alphabet rules too: ş ğ ç ö ü ;)

Yeah. The Turkish alphabet is the only alphabet in the world where lowercase "i" doesn't become "I" when converting to uppercase. Makes coding software in Turkish interesting. Took me a while to figure out why things weren't working as they should the first time it happened to me (I worked in Istanbul for 3 months some years ago with the Turkcell website, which later was replaced by something else).

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/String.html#toUpperCase()

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS put ALL your settings on english when you go programming :D it also prevents the mus problem :D

if you hit the " key in The Netherlands it doesn't put in the ". you have to type something else after it, you can only force a direct " by hitting the space afterwards... annoying.

i hate programming anyways!