Just listened to TGB again...

Lopes

Fuckin' Dr. of Journalism
Aug 3, 2002
Fallbrook, CA
www.myspace.com
Just listened to TGB again for the first time in like a year and I still consider it to be mediocre at best. Jon should have brought Larry in just to do the leads because while they may not have been great, they didn't make me cringe like most of the solos on TGB.

Lopes said:
Just listened to TGB again for the first time in like a year and I still consider it to be mediocre at best. Jon should have brought Larry in just to do the leads because while they may not have been great, they didn't make me cringe like most of the solos on TGB.

I don't think the Gettysburg songs are mediocre, but I agree with you for the rest of the album, even though I still enjoy it. Here's hoping the next album blows it out of the water.

Lopes said:

I actually did the same thing about 5-6 months ago. I pulled it out after a year and it is actually one of the few albums I've purchased that has actualled deteriorated in quality. I can't believe how bad this thing is overall. I'd give it two good songs and the rest is a total snoozefest.

And Ripper singing that part about, "...another day, just like any other, out of the blue..."

Oh my god, that is just about the worst piece of singing I have EVER heard. Just horrifying. Stick to the Halford-isms, please.

The first three-four months after I got TGB I hated it.. I wouldn't listen to it at all. I like it a lot now, it has some killer tracks and is very solid but it's still not good compared to the old stuff. Hopefully the new album will deliver..

AsModEe said:
hmmm on that album I like Attila and Greenface..... I skip the rest.

I really only like Greenface and Waterloo. There's also a couple of cool parts during The Devil to Pay, but not enough for me to listen to the whole thing, everything else is pretty much a wash.

I'm listening to it now for the first time in a while. I enjoy just about all the songs on it. I really like the Gettysburg trilogy. Anyone know when we can expect a new album?

Iced Earth is nothing til Matt comes back into the fold,if ever. I wish he would come back and show Tim Owens how it's done, and put Iced Earth back on top of the Metal world,where they should be.

I don't know about you hardcores- I think Ripper Owens has an amazing voice. Still, I wasn't there from the start, so I don't have that nostalgic thing like most of you seem to have.

I agree. Tim is great. Yeah, Matt was better but it's time to get over it and move on (though it would help if Jon's riffs didn't get so repetitive).

I don't like Tim's voice he's more suited to Judas Priest(he should have stayed there)and I don't think him singing any of the songs that Matt done would ever do any of them justice. I know Barlow probably will never come back,and whatever form Iced Earth is in now,sucks.