• Damnation

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Ghost Reveries

Votes: 10 8.6%

• Total voters

Ken Lyall

Mar 31, 2006
Aberfeldy, Perthshire, SCOTLAND
I have recievd MAYH last week and was surprised by the brilliance of the album. I have played it again and again this week. It flows, in my opinion beautifully from hard to smooth. The epilogue is also fantastic, hammond organ, reminds me of Blackmore and Wishbone Ash in respect of the guitar sound. I guess it is out of place to the rest of the album, but great none the less.
The question is
what is your MOST LISTENED to album. This may not be your favorite!!

Ken Lyall said:
sorry for the MAYH repeat threads, my fault.
It is ok to make a mistake, it is another to repeat it!!
Dont click the post thread button multiple times when the computer acts slow. It's all you apologizing that irritates me!

I probably have listened the most to Orchid.

still life is my favourite album of all time, but i listen mostly to deliverance

blackwater park.

I can easily sit back and listen to this album over and over again without skipping any tracks. The Funeral Portrait is one of my favorite songs ever.

I find that if i listen to morningrise and orchid loads i get annoyed by the drums and general bad production. For mayh,sl and bwp the more i listen, the more i love. The rest i love, but not on the same scale as the big 3.

Still Life will always win opeth's best album for me.

It's very hard to say because I listen nearly equally to all of them, except for the 2 D's and Ghost Reveries, which get less time in my CD player than all of the albums before that. When I'm stoned, I always listen to Orchid, Morningrise, or My Arms Your Hearse. When I'm not it's usually Blackwater Park and Still Life. Since I stopped smoking weed because of my exams (bad effect on short term memory) it would probably be Blackwater Park around this time, but usually it would probably be MAYH, because it can make me imagine being in a dark Scandinavian forest and has such an amazing magical atmosphere :kickass:.