MAYH

Ken Lyall

Mar 31, 2006
Aberfeldy, Perthshire, SCOTLAND
I have recievd MAYH last week and was surprised by the brilliance of the album. I have played it again and again this week. It flows, in my opinion beautifully from hard to smooth. The epilogue is also fantastic, hammond organ, reminds me of Blackmore and Wishbone Ash in respect of the guitar sound. I guess it is out of place to the rest of the album, but great none the less.
The question is
what is your MOST LISTENED to album. This may not be your favorite!!

I found this in the FAQ section...

If you have registered, you will be able to edit and delete your posts. Note that the administrator can disable this ability as he desires. Your ability to edit your posts may also be time-limited, depending on how the administrator has set up the forum.
To edit or delete your posts, click the
edit.gif
button by the post you want to edit. If your post was the first in the thread, then deleting the post may result in the removal of the entire thread.
After you have made your modifications, a note may appear, which notifies other users that you have edited your post. Administrators and moderators may also edit your messages but this note may not appear when they do so.

April Ethereal/When are two of my Opeth favourites. The only thing that used to bother me is the muffled-sounding recording, but I hardly notice it now.

Ken Lyall said:
I have recievd MAYH last week and was surprised by the brilliance of the album.!

why are you surprised by its brilliance?? its opeth, what did you expect! :lol:

anyway, ive been listening to the new gathering album loads lately, and anathema's Judgement plays loads in the cd player, especialy when i sleep.

I must say too that MAYH is the album that had the biggest impact on me upon first listen. To be honest, I think it is the most kickass first listen of any album I've ever listened to. And I had already heard Blackwater Park and Still Life before that.

_Transparent_ said:
anyway, ive been listening to the new gathering album loads lately, and anathema's Judgement plays loads in the cd player, especialy when i sleep.

Just listened to Judgment yesterday myself - that really is one of my all time fav albums. Which is funny, because for the longest time i thought it inferior to AFDTE....now i only listen to a few songs from AFDTE, whereas ill make myself late for uni by sitting in the car listening to just one more song from Judgment.