MAYH Story

Jul 13, 2003
Visit site
MAYH took the longest for me to get into, but for a few weeks now its been my favorite album. I've listened to it over and over, and I've read the lyrics over and over again because they are so beautifully written, too. One thing i haven't really had time to do, though, is analyze the story. This is a concept album, so it has one, I just don't have the time to figure it out. Well, i probably have the time, but i just can't i guess. Has anyone figured it out yet? I know its about someone who is dead.

So, any MAYH interpretations can be put here.

I dont have the lyrics in front of me right now, but I think I remember the story. Its about a guy who dies then comes back as a ghost, when he's a ghost on earth he does things that a ghost on earth would do probably. But especially he watches his love. I forget how it end, or if it has much of an ending I'll have to read it a couple more times.

Istanbul said:
opeth.ch

there is the whole story

The site being in german is a bit of a downside.

Constrictor pretty much nailed it,the guy goes nuts in Demon Of The Fall cause he suspects that she cheated on him. He realizes that he has to leave her alone anyway in Credence and then just leaves...not the most complex concept,but the songs keep it interesting.

Prologue: The ghost is watching his own feuneral

April Earthial: The ghost sort of summerizes his story realizing hes dead and planning to return to his lover.

When: Ghost goes home to his lover, only to realize she didn't care he was dead, she might have even got with another man, or at least theres men waiting in hope she will...

Madrigal: The ghost is near his lover but she doesnt realize it

Amen Corner: Im not too sure. The ghost just seems to be around bseving things, and the lover seems to start to notice strange "supernatural" things happening

Demon of the Fall: The ghost tries to kill his lover, but she gets away, although now she knows hes there.

Credence: The ghost's lover seems to have relized that the man she loved is dead and is finally saddened. The ghost is sorwful too cuz he realizes he will be alone for eternity

Karma:The ghost finally leaves the town realizing he'll never be with the woman he loves again

Epilogue: The ghost enters into the afterlife, rather accepting at this point. Then he tells other spirts his story....

Ok thats my general interpretation, Im sure someone will disagree with something on it somewhere, but this is the general story. OK now Im gonna listen to MAYH over and over today....

Reactions: Anarkissed