MAYH Story

i herd Still life and MYYH suppose to tie together some how but i can't figure it out. To me it just seems like two different stories nothing really happens before or after any of the two can someone explain this?

And also does anyone know the Story Behind Morningrise?

MAYH and Still Life don't tie together at all. Also Morningrise is not a concept album.

I must say, I think Clarence has gotta be nuts - as I find MAYH easily better than Still Life!

I admit that Still Life has more mature musicianship and some incredible songwriting, but I still enjoy the energy, atmosphere and story of MAYH far more. I also believe it has so many riffs and passages that move me far more than Still Life - like all the dirges on the album. For instance - "April Ethereal" from 4:00-6:00 and the outro from 7:30. That is some of the best music I have ever heard, and is what got me into metal in the first place back in 2000 or so.

Then you have the outros in "When" and "Demon Of The Fall", which are some of the best movements they have ever done (the outro of "Heir Apparent" now comes close). And the whole song of "Credence" which ties "Harvest" as their best acoustic work in my books. Plus "Karma" and "Epilogue" have some of the most awesome melodic passages Opeth has ever done, which explains why they have basically made "Burden" a combination of their Deep Purple cover with the atmosphere and tone of "Epilogue".

Still Life is my second-favourite Opeth album, regardless. But MAYH is just unequalled, by any other album from anybody, ever.

I'm sure you guys probably already know this, but the last word in each MAYH song is used as the song title for the following song.