MAYH/ Still Life short stories/novels

Stormwatch

Cock.
May 2, 2003
Fortress of Arrogance
Just wondering if anyone has ever turned MAYH or Still Life into a proper short story or short novel? You know the internet is full of good writers who like to do things like that for fun and it would be interesting to read the lyrics made into a proper story.
Anyone fancy trying it? I would but don't have the time -writing other things just now but I might one day.
Obviously it would be non profit as you'd probably need to get permission from Mikael and their record label if you were to try making money from it but as a free thing posted on the net I think it'd be okay.
BTW, BWPs title track is the best song ever (just listening to it now)!!
:headbang:

I will, but it will probably take me weeks to get into it. And I wouldn't be sure what style to do it in, like to give the characters names, a setting, dialogue, etc, might ruin it if not done properly. Personally I think that Still Life could be done really well by a good indie movie director, but it might be hard to do in writing. I'll give it a shot.

IntoObscurity said:
I will, but it will probably take me weeks to get into it. And I wouldn't be sure what style to do it in, like to give the characters names, a setting, dialogue, etc, might ruin it if not done properly. Personally I think that Still Life could be done really well by a good indie movie director, but it might be hard to do in writing. I'll give it a shot.

Great! I hope you'll post it here for us to read! If a few people did it it could be very interesting to see all the different perceptions people have of those lyrics.

Yeah I'll post it, but it very well may suck. The biggest issue I'm having thinking about it is giving the guy in SL a name. I may just call him "he" the entire time and make it kind of a weird style of short story, but I'll warn you, I'm very hot/cold when it comes to writing good stuff;p

IntoObscurity said:
Yeah I'll post it, but it very well may suck. The biggest issue I'm having thinking about it is giving the guy in SL a name. I may just call him "he" the entire time and make it kind of a weird style of short story, but I'll warn you, I'm very hot/cold when it comes to writing good stuff;p

Doesnt matter if it sucks - it'll give people a great insight into those lyrics and if it's free people can hardly complain!
Good luck!