MAYH question: New or rare Version

Mr Samsara

Misanthropic Moderator
Jul 9, 2004
Carrying a Burden Inside
Sup, Kids? I have seen a version of MAYH that is contained in a round metal case that is embossed or has the Opeth symbol imprinted in the metal. The official site has no mention of this version in the discography. Do any of you have information regarding this? Does it contain additional songs? promo version? I wanted to pick it up, but I just bought it (Crap, I cannot remember if it is the re-issue or not). Anyway, fill me in if you can, ok?

P.S.
I just picked a mint Origional U.S. Release of Orchid..... for $7. :headbang:

Out. :devil:

Mr Samsara said:
Sup, Kids? I have seen a version of MAYH that is contained in a round metal case that is embossed or has the Opeth symbol imprinted in the metal. The official site has no mention of this version in the discography. Do any of you have information regarding this? Does it contain additional songs? promo version? I wanted to pick it up, but I just bought it (Crap, I cannot remember if it is the re-issue or not). Anyway, fill me in if you can, ok?

P.S.
I just picked a mint Origional U.S. Release of Orchid..... for $7. :headbang:

It's kinda new and not really rare I think

well, I went to go check it out again and it was gone. Fuk! Any idea what extra tracks were on it? I wonder why the tin versions are not listed on the offical website discography? I would have never known it existed unless I had seen it and then asked here. Thanks for the info by the way...

Deliverance: I'm not sure your angst was directed at the label for releasing the same fucking record in another case, or against me for being an idiot for wanting multiple listings for the same release. I'll go with your being pissed at the label. If I remember right, there was nothing to look at on the outside of the tin case like track listings, and I have never seen nor heard of it before so I had little to go on. In the disco, they have mentions of and pictures of different versions of the "same" records , American release, european release, re-release.. they are sometimes different colors, have extra tracks, etc... So I just wanted to know if I had seen some kind of rare gem or something. I did actually think the tin with the Opeth logo pressed into it was pretty f'n cool looking. If I had money to burn, I would pick it up just for that, give the CD to someone who may appreciate it and carry whatever Opeth I'm listening to in the car in it.

Alrighty, then.

Mr Samsara said:
Deliverance: I'm not sure your angst was directed at the label for releasing the same fucking record in another case, or against me for being an idiot for wanting multiple listings for the same release. I'll go with your being pissed at the label. If I remember right, there was nothing to look at on the outside of the tin case like track listings, and I have never seen nor heard of it before so I had little to go on. In the disco, they have mentions of and pictures of different versions of the "same" records , American release, european release, re-release.. they are sometimes different colors, have extra tracks, etc... So I just wanted to know if I had seen some kind of rare gem or something. I did actually think the tin with the Opeth logo pressed into it was pretty f'n cool looking. If I had money to burn, I would pick it up just for that, give the CD to someone who may appreciate it and carry whatever Opeth I'm listening to in the car in it.

Alrighty, then.

yeah, it's good for collectors, no doubt. my angst was kind of toward your confusion of it not being on opeth.com, because yes, it IS the same record. i'm not mad though, haha. i was just stating something.

It's a pity that with the exception of the first few reissues of the first three albums, these 'special editions' and 'bonus editions' have no actual extra material, and even then, for me at least the bonus tracks don't add anything to the album... if anything they distract from the continuity. If I could get my hands on more originals (or reprints without bonus tracks) I would rather that than the 'bonus editions' (though the still day/patterns was a bloody good idea) and download the bonus tracks. On the other hand, I think it would have been a good idea to hold onto any bonus material and release it as it's own album after they get through 5-6 studio albums, provided of course that it was stated that the songs spanned across the entire discography. Then again, most riffs and what not that Mike and the lads come up with tend to make there way into an album at the time, so it's not like there is much material to work with.