My Re-Evaluation Of Opeth

I'm 28, and I'm all fanboy when it comes to Opeth, buying T-shirts, various editions of the same albums... :p
Like many others, I find it difficult to rank their albums because the first four all alternate in the top four spots.

I agree with you Papa Opeth, 'Closure' is a very moving song, but I find 'In My Time of Need' to be even more moving.

I am listening to 'Orchid' right now, and that album continues to amaze me. It will probably snatch the top 1 spot for a few months now that 'My Arms Your Hearse' has had the first place for about three months.

As someone here said, Opeth transcends metal - or any other genre for that matter.

Opeth is an experience. It's music.

Great post as usual. Your one of my favourite thread starters, cause your threads all have a point.

It was bleak that introduced me to Opeth too, I was stunned by the opening, it was just...wham. Good stuff. I was shocked, jaw on the floor sort of thing, when I heard the clean vocals come in for the first time, and if you dont believe me, ask Gandalf of the board, as this is the man I have to thank for introducing me to Opeth, getting me into metal in fact.
That moment S4R mentioned, I think that must have been the clincher. Although I cant rate it as my fav. music moment, or even opeth moment (fav music moment, opeth moment, same same :)), it is fantastic, truly.
I really can not rate stuff like music, I absolutely refuse to rate favourite albums, favourite songs, cause I wouldnt be doing justice to the rest. I dont mind rating Opeth as my favourite band though.

metalmancpa said:
They are truly an amazing band. It's easy to see why I consider them my personal #1 band of all time. They are a pleasure to my ear.

That is exactly what I feel !
glotz.gif

My album and song ranking would be totally different, but anyway...the whole Opeth stuff is great :cool: