Just ordered!

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
Don't know why anyone would care, but what the heck, another silly post!

Arturus: Aspera Hiems Symfonia + Constellation + My Angel
Eidolon: Coma Nation
Moonsorrow: Tama Ikuinen Talvi
Shaman: The Ritual
Terror 2000: Faster Disaster
Vintersorg: Visions From The Spiral Generator
Warhammer: Curse Of The Absolute
Warlord: Rising Out Of The Ashes

More goodies! Woo-hoo! :D

Originally posted by markgugs

Moonsorrow: Tama Ikuinen Talvi

I hope you're not expecting this to sound like their latest album, Voimasta... "Tama Ikuinen Talvi" sound more like early Enslaved, which is also good.

As for me, all of these were in the mail yesterday:

Suidakra- Auld Syne Lang
Black League- Doomsday Sun EP
Carcass- Swansong
Waylander- Reawakening Pride Once Lost
Theory in Practice- Colonizing the Sun
Dimension Zero- Penetrations from the Lost World
White: Nightmares (The End Records compilation)
Eucharist- Mirrorworlds
Shape of Despair- Angels of Distress (growled vocals courtesy of Pasi Koskinen of Amorphis; I posted a review in the "Your Reviews" section)

Originally posted by Dreamlord

I hope you're not expecting this to sound like their latest album, Voimasta... "Tama Ikuinen Talvi" sound more like early Enslaved, which is also good.

Quit telling me what to expect Jeff. You're always imposing your will and opinions on everyone else. What do you think this is, a public forum? Sheesh. :D

Actually, that's cool...old Enslaved is more than fine by me. I seriously need to stop buying CDs. There's probably a bunch more coming in the mail today, who can keep track of all these purchases? :)

No kidding right. I keep telling myself to quit buying CD's, then I order a few more, then some more, and before you know it I have 8 CD's in one day in the mail, just like yesterday.

Originally posted by Dreamlord
No kidding right. I keep telling myself to quit buying CD's, then I order a few more, then some more, and before you know it I have 8 CD's in one day in the mail, just like yesterday.

TELL me about it! I am not kidding when I say that I have over 200 as-of-yet-unlistened-to CDs. Sometimes people (me mostly) just don't know when to say when...

The Theory in Practice is quite good. But it is all over the damn place. I had read reviews that called them "technical death metal", but sheesh... A few more listens will probably unveil some aspects that I missed the first time.

Originally posted by markgugs

TELL me about it! I am not kidding when I say that I have over 200 as-of-yet-unlistened-to CDs. Sometimes people (me mostly) just don't know when to say when...

I made this rule for myself a long time ago. When I receive a new CD, I but it in the player and HAVE TO listen to it before I do anything else (unless there is an emergency). Sometimes the rule works, sometimes it doesn't.

I used to buy CD's like a crazy man; then I got married. I try to be a bit more selective now. I have to admit it is hard to keep myself from relapsing and buying them like you guys do.

I try to be more selctive now than I used to be. In the past, if I read one good review, I would buy it. Now, I'm a bit more careful and my CD collection keeps shrinking because I'm selling or trading all of the "filler".

Dreamlord. If you have anything you want to get rid of, send me a list. I'm always looking for a deal. I don't suppose you want to get rid of any Burzum, Darkthrone, or Ulver? Or Mayhem . . . just let me know.

Sorry, I got rid of Burzum a long time ago. I sold them on Ebay for a sweet price. The only Ulver's I have is the trilogy. Never owned any Darkthrone or Mayhem.

I ordered Decapitated 'Nihility', Bolt Thrower 'Warmaster' and Pearl Jam 'Vs' about 2 weeks ago.....and.....I dunno when they're ever gonna arrive. Damn internet music mail companies.

Originally posted by SculptedCold
I ordered Decapitated 'Nihility', Bolt Thrower 'Warmaster' and Pearl Jam 'Vs' about 2 weeks ago.....and.....I dunno when they're ever gonna arrive. Damn internet music mail companies.

Dood, where in the hell did you order them from? Those aren't exactly hard-to-find albums, and even Century Media & Amazon would have them to you in under 2 weeks!

Next time, try eBay when you're looking for fairly common discs...