Just ordered!

Touche.......Cromlech is kind of a supergroup, with members from the once mighty Eucharist, Ablaze My Sorrow and the ex-session touring bassist of in Flames. So of course, it's melodic death metal. It their only release that I know of, and it's MCD. It cost me $8 straight up at www.darksymphonies.com. They are even cheaper than The End, but don't have near the selection.

I'll review it after I get it.

Just ordered Crystal Age- Far Beyond Divine Horizons, more underground swedish melodic death. Actually, Crystal Age STARTED swedish melodic death along with Eucharist, Liers in Wait, Grotesque and Ceremonial Oath.

Sheesh, I can't stop.

Just ordered Ceremonial Oath- Carpet and Liers in Wait- Spiritually Uncontrolled Art from www.sound-cave.com.

And that is it. I'm done. There is really nothing left on my want list except stuff that has not been released yet. Yea for me.

Just picked up Emperor - Prometheus...

...well, I was going to start with In The Nightshade Eclipse or whatever it's called, but Prometheus was the only one they had left in the store and I couldn't resist...

Thanks to Dreamlord I downloaded a few Nile tracks and, well brutal metal isn't really what I go for but this is amazing stuff!! So I went out to get an album or two...couldn't find any though...:mad:

Anyway, thanks Dreamlord :headbang:

Dude, Nile rules. Mark, are you prepared to be blown away by Nile (and Angela, hehe)?

Well, I lied. I just purchased Armageddon's hard-to-find debut 'Crossing the Rubicon' for only $13. HA! Brand New! The place I bought it from had two of them listed, so if anyone is interested, let me know.

Originally posted by markgugs

Dood, where in the hell did you order them from? Those aren't exactly hard-to-find albums, and even Century Media & Amazon would have them to you in under 2 weeks!

Next time, try eBay when you're looking for fairly common discs...

They're my first order from musica.co.uk, which is the cheapest place (aside from ebay) i've yet found for UK metal music. by FAR the cheapest, and it also has a way bigger metal selection than HMV or audiostreet which I used to use. But, as i've found out on this, my first order, thier delivery times leave much to be desired..... =)

Originally posted by Dreamlord
Dude, Nile rules. Mark, are you prepared to be blown away by Nile (and Angela, hehe)?

Uh, yeah :D

Well, I lied. I just purchased Armageddon's hard-to-find debut 'Crossing the Rubicon' for only $13. HA! Brand New! The place I bought it from had two of them listed, so if anyone is interested, let me know.

Is this the same Armageddon behind "Embrace the Mystery?" I didn't even know they had any other albums.

Originally posted by markgugs

Is this the same Armageddon behind "Embrace the Mystery?" I didn't even know they had any other albums.

Yes, it is. It is Chris Amott's other band. "Crossing the Rubicon" was the debut and it was melodic death metal. It is regarded, along with DT's Skydancer, and Eucharist's Mirrorworlds to be the end-all-be-all of melodic death. CtR has a death metal singer, whereas the followup has a clean voiced singer. Their third album '3' is available on import I believe.

In short let me list some, shall we say, "under-rated" melodic death metal albums. These are not second tier melodic death bands, but simply did not receive the attention At the Gates or In Flames did. Keep in mind, most of these bands came out around 1992-1995, at the same time as SotS and Jester Race. Phyre, help me out if I forget someone.

Eucharist- Velvet Creation and Mirrorworlds
Crystal Age- Far Beyond Divine Horizons
Cromlech- The Vulture Tones
Ceremonial Oath- Book of Truths(good luck finding it) and Carpet
Liers in Wait- Spiritually Uncontrolled Art
Armageddon- Crossing the Rubicon

You might want to read some reviews of all the albums before you buy. I'd hate to be the reason you bought something you didn't like. :D

Good job on Cryptic!

When I finally get to EoS "Cryptic," I'll be sure to let you all know my take...

And it's been a couple days, so obviously I ordered more music!
Just ordered:
Arcane Sun - s/t
Atanatos - The Oath of Revenge
Mystic Circle - Kriegsgotter II
Cromlech - The Vulture Tones
Ablaze My Sorrow - If Emotion Still Burns
Lunar Aurora - Ars Moriendi

Just arrived :D :
Atanatos - Devastation: The Third Attack
Demoniac - Stormblade
Ebony Tears - A Handful of Nothing
Graveland - Following the Voice of Blood
Myrddraal - Blood on the Mountain
Winds of the Black Mountains - Sing Thou Unholy Servants

Adios...

That's a very good list. The Graveland CD slays. I've heard good things about Myrddraal. Let me know how that is.

My list (waiting for all of these to arrive, damn postal system):

Dawn- Sorph Pa Svarte Vingar Flogh
Cromlech- The Vulture Tones
Crystal Age- Far Beyond Divine Horizons
Ceremonial Oath- Carpet
Liers in Wait- Spiritually Uncontrolled Art
Armageddon- Crossing the Rubicon
Fleurety- Min Tid Skall Komme
Fleurety- Last Minute Lies
Fleurety- Department of Apocalyptic Affairs
Dodheimsgard- 666 International

and I'm still searching for: