t-rave

Dec 11, 2002
Michigan
www.ratchetjaw.com
pros

- ez setup

- low latency for jamming though the little interface

- can use the gazillion models and fx through your host as a vst

- interface has a D.i. out for a clean track ( awesome for reamping)

- works great with the analogue outs to the in for my firepod

- awesome stompbox models and decent clean , crunch tones,

Cons-

- after using a revalver II ( and the new beta) , the Line 6 high gain really falls short, where the pod models feel like a sim...revalver feels like a living breathing beast of tone!

- probably the final run of gearbox. Line 6 probably wont release any cool new updates and is most likely dropping this puppy..hence the reason it's now $150 instead of the $600 it was originally

I bought it for the effects , bass amp models ( which I havent tried yet) and the vocal effects..stacking the fx with revalvers basic amp sims works awesome in my host ( reaper)

for $150 this thing is a no brainer..even though revalver totally exposes the "datedness" of these pod models...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-GearBox-PlugIn-Gold-Bundle?sku=706521

heres the whole package..it's a great deal in that you get every line 6 model ( guitar, bass, cabs , fx, etc. ) and it runs great on my now ancient p4

546710.jpg

I dont know T-Rave... I have the Gold plugin and I am able to get some great sounds out of it.... I dont want to comment on the MKIII Beta but... I am on that too and maybe I am doing somethign wrong.

I had a wierd question:

Do you HAVE to have some sort of line 6 hardware plugged in to use the plug?

I believe that you do... acts as their dongle... but I dont use it at all! I have the Tone Port DI and it just sits there. I use my Radial DI into my Maudio then just use the plug as I would any other VST... works great.

dont know T-Rave... I have the Gold plugin and I am able to get some great sounds out of it.

for sure. Pods get fantastic high gain metal tones as proven here time and time again..but when I a/b the models with Revalvers... they just don't have the feel and tone that alien connection put into the software.. It's probably more noticeable playing through them than hearing them on a recording...that said I use a vetta live, owned a pod and podxt and could get by just fine using all line 6 models for recording.