Line 6 Pod HD 2.6 Firmware Announced

Pursuance

AKA Kylezan
Jan 17, 2012
Houma, La
www.facebook.com
pfu-hero_r17303.png
"ANAHEIM, Calif.—January 22, 2015—Line 6, Inc. (NAMM room 212A) today announced the upcoming release of POD® HD v2.6 firmware, a free update that fulfills key customer requests and makes POD HD multi-effects more powerful than ever before. V2.6 firmware enables POD HD customers to expand their sonic palette with greatsounding new amp and effects models (sold separately), and also adds global EQ.

“This update demonstrates our commitment to the best-selling POD HD product line,” said Marcus Ryle, Chief Strategy Officer at Line 6. “POD HD500X and POD HD Pro X are the most powerful guitar processors in their class, and now with POD HD v2.6 guitarists can access an even wider palette of tones.”

Guitarists can expand their collection of amps and effects by purchasing three new model packs. The Metal Model Pack ($49) gives guitarists powerful models based on* modern heavy-gain amps like the Peavey® 5150 and a remastered JCM800. The Vintage Model Pack ($49) features models based on* classics like the Vox® AC30 Fawn and the Orange® OR80. The Bass Model Pack ($29) gives users much more flexibility when recording bass, and includes models based on* an Ampeg® SVT and a GK Gallien- Kruger® 800RB. Customers can also purchase the Fully Loaded Bundle ($99), which includes all three model packs at a great price.

POD HD v.2.6 firmware will be available in the first quarter of 2015 for POD HD500, HD500X, POD HD, POD HD Pro, and POD HD Pro X, and can be downloaded via the Line 6 Intelligent Updater software. Learn more about POD HD at http://line6.com/pod-firmware-update/."

It's cool to see Line 6 actually supporting their firmware instead of throwing out meaningless DSP upgrades BUT charging for it is an arguable move.

lol, sold my HD Pro and bought a Kemper two weeks ago because I was sick of their apparent refusal to add a 5150 model and non-shit EQ.

I did this same exact move a few months ago.

If you ever want to mess with a pod you can always grab a cheap hd 500 on the bay later, but you will not regret your decision.

I did this same exact move a few months ago.

If you ever want to mess with a pod you can always grab a cheap hd 500 on the bay later, but you will not regret your decision.

Yeah this is what I did, grabbed a super cheap 500 on ebay and I usually leave it at a bandmates place in case we want to do an impromptu jam sesh and I don't have my gear.

Im pretty stoked they are doing some new packs for it and not just abandoning the product or adding more switches and calling it new. I really dont use the amp modeling on mine in practice but the SVT and GK could be useful for tracking if they dont suck.

They probably aren't gonna make the loading of external IRs anytime soon (nor do I think my POD HD bean has the power to process that lol).
It's cool to see them finally adding 5150s, but man do they really have to sell it? We loyal(not really) users have been waiting for years and all we get is the solution of spending more on it :(

awesome! I was wondering if they were ever going to add model packs. Glad I hung on to my Pod HD500.