Line 6 POD HD

According to a post on the L6 forum (not sure if this is 100% accurate);

They will be in the stores early November.

All of the PODHD include 16 HD amp models based on*
• Fender® Twin Reverb®
• Hiwatt® Custom 100 (DR103)
• Supro® S6616
• Gibson® EH-185
• Fender® Bassman®
• Fender® Blackface Deluxe Reverb®
• Divided by 13 JRT 9/15
• Dr. Z® Route 66
• Vox® AC-15
• Vox® AC-30 (Top Boost)
• Marshall® JTM-45 MkII
• Park 75
• Marshall® JCM-800 (2204)
• Bogner® Uberschall
• Mesa/Boogie® Dual Rectifier®
• ENGL® Fireball 100

The prices are 329 (HD300) , 399 (HD400) , and 499 (HD500)
The differences between the units seem to be the Quantity of FX and the length

I had to google the Park 75, because I've seriously never heard of Park amps before.
Rest of the list looks good.
The Dual Recto model should be awesome for rhythms and the Uberschall nice for leads.

Cliff @ Fractal has said he more or less expects the 500 to be about on par with the AxeFX standard - talking points people have made about that not being possible at that price point have been nullified by the fact that L6 can order way larger quantities than Fractal can, and that there are equally good processors available for much cheaper now. We'll see if any of that pans out - I personally can't wait.

*Edit* all those amps match up perfectly to the amp selection knob on the 300 and 400, too - I'd be willing to bet that's the actual list.

park%2075%20smallbox%2069%20web.jpg

Scary...

Cliff @ Fractal has said he more or less expects the 500 to be about on par with the AxeFX standard - talking points people have made about that not being possible at that price point have been nullified by the fact that L6 can order way larger quantities than Fractal can, and that there are equally good processors available for much cheaper now. We'll see if any of that pans out - I personally can't wait.

Yeah, this is quite possible on the hardware end. As I said, even though the guts of the Axe rule the bunch of currently available hardware modellers, they're also a bit dated considering the relatively short product life-cycles in digital processing. Add the quantities L6 works with on top and you'll have quite significant differences in manufacturing costs.

The big unknown variable is still the quality of the coding. Even the X3 would have been capable of running more complex algos, but - as we all know - instead of improving the modelling, L6 took advantage of the additional horse power by implementing the not-so-exciting Dual Tone feature.

Again, even if this comes somewhat close to the quality of the Axe, it will be a goatsend for touring musicians and probably sell like hot potatoes.

Shame that it has no bass or pre model. From that list I would keep Dual Rectifier, Bogner Uberschall, Vox AC-30 and trade all the rest for new versions of the Ampeg SVT, Neve pre and Spinal Puppet.

Bold, or dumb? "Hey guys, this new product from Line6 is probably going to be as good as what we sell, only $1,000 less - or more!" :lol:

Seriously interested now. If this new HD tech is good then I'm down, if even for just the Fireball and Recto sims alone. Hope like hell they hurry up with a plug-in version - I'm halfway sold already and I haven't heard any clips yet.

Bold, or dumb? "Hey guys, this new product from Line6 is probably going to be as good as what we sell, only $1,000 less - or more!" :lol:

Seriously interested now. If this new HD tech is good then I'm down, if even for just the Fireball and Recto sims alone. Hope like hell they hurry up with a plug-in version - I'm halfway sold already and I haven't heard any clips yet.

I'm hesitant to say dumb because I think for a lot of AFX users, the construction of the unit, it's parts, their quality, etc. is a big selling point. I think the quality of the build points to more longevity and reliability, which makes sense if true. Also, the idea that at Fractal, frequent upgrades, patches, additions, etc. can mean a lot to those dudes.