Line 6 POD HD

monkey_scratching_head.jpg

no-entiendo.jpg

I think it's pretty clear that there will be 16 amps/cabs and ALL M13 FX. Even if it is wishful thinking that they would include Bogner, Peavey, Engl and Diezel models... give me the rest of the amps in uber high quality modeling and I'll still be very satisfied!
I'm pretty sure there will be something Bogner in there because of Line 6's relationship with Bogner.

As long as it has a Dual Rectifier and a TubeScreamer model, which I'm sure it'll have, I know I'll be happy! :D

And I have just ordered 11R... ))
No info on cab modeling, is it IR?
To my understanding, their A.I.R. cab modeling technology was already IR-based, wasn't it?

I'm hoping for improved cab models too.

While I'm anxious to see what they have done - I recently picked up a used VOX Tonelab ST and really like it much better than my old POD Live and my old Digitech RP500 - VOX knows how to do the hybid stuff really well. Between my VOX AD50VT (rarely gets played) and the Tonelab ST (gets used quite a bit but I've been playing mostly on my new Fender Vibro-Champ this past week since I got it) I get some nice results.

Are you kidding me? :lol:

When did Line6 come out with the XT modeling technology... years and years ago now. Shit is STILL being used for professional releases alllll the time. If that's not "standing the test of time" then I don't know what is...

I know and I've got one since...I don't remember when.
Now, it's main use is a tuner, and honestly, it never really blew me away as far as tone goes. But I admit the thing is useful for some things, and I know it's widely used, I'm just not into that at all.

ANyone knows if this new POD will have a built-in FX loop in it? So you can bypass the amps and use your real amp with it?

I am curious to see the new model. But I fear that (as always) this will be just a repackaged x3 pro. I was so looking forward to the podx3pro when I sold my Xt pro back then. Only to find out that it was basically all the same with some features added that I will never use.

I am curious to see the new model. But I fear that (as always) this will be just a repackaged x3 pro. I was so looking forward to the podx3pro when I sold my Xt pro back then. Only to find out that it was basically all the same with some features added that I will never use.

Allegedly they've re-written the models from the ground up. So this should not be a simple repackage job. However I am going to wait for more details before forming an opinion, as I really like my M13 but hated my PodXTLive when I had it.

IMHO they should spend time on improving CAB SIMULATION/membrane modeling/speaker movement, or whatever you may call it.

that for me it's really the big downside on simulated stuff. Yeah, you could nail down a triple rectifier character to some degree, maybe it's not 100% perfect and can be improved, but for me there is not much sense if then we must use static IR's or crappy Pod farm speaker sims.

IMHO they should spend time on improving CAB SIMULATION/membrane modeling/speaker movement, or whatever you may call it.

that for me it's really the big downside on simulated stuff. Yeah, you could nail down a triple rectifier character to some degree, maybe it's not 100% perfect and can be improved, but for me there is not much sense if then we must use static IR's or crappy Pod farm speaker sims.

Yes, that is what I wanted to say. Cabinet simulation is still very far from reality and this is the thing that must be in the biggest priority for developers. Nebula is some sort of improvement but I don't see any company trying to implement this technology or optimize it in any way to be less CPU hungry etc.

This might be a cool step up from the antiquated POD technology but I don't expect it to come close to the Axe-FX, as far as realism goes.

The Axe is that far ahead of the competition (hardware modellers, plug-ins aside) for a reason. .

I was reading a series of posts about AXE from some knowledgeable amp builders and tube nuts and they were spot on. That this is a Solid state lovers dream.

These guys felt, as I do, that most guitar players dont understand the sound of tubes--and noted that many people negate the sound of tubes on Low strings by putting tube screamers in front.

I thought most people here wouldnt be fooled by Axe because you guys like that pedal in front sound to stiffen up the low strings--so you obviously understand how fat and mushy tubes make the lower strings.

Well. Axe sounds like there a pedals in there right out of the box. And thats the sound of lot of guys love so Im not knockin it.

But to claim it sounds like tubes? That its so accurate and above everything else? Amplitube3 sounds like tubes(so Im not against modelers). They actually have the amps they model and strive for accuracy. Axe fx has everyone fooled. Yes, it has great fidelity--but it sounds like a solid state impression of an amp built from a schematic with no sound tests for accuracy.(he doesnt have the actual amplifiers)

So my problem is not that Axe is bad--its not. But the hype associated with it. I know these amps. There is no tube give or mush in there at all. Its hard and stiff.(thats what she said):headbang:. I mean, tell it like it is so modeling will get better--dont be satisfied with this.

I was reading a series of posts about AXE from some knowledgeable amp builders and tube nuts and they were spot on. That this is a Solid state lovers dream.

These guys felt, as I do, that most guitar players dont understand the sound of tubes--and noted that many people negate the sound of tubes on Low strings by putting tube screamers in front.

I thought most people here wouldnt be fooled by Axe because you guys like that pedal in front sound to stiffen up the low strings--so you obviously understand how fat and mushy tubes make the lower strings.

Well. Axe sounds like there a pedals in there right out of the box. And thats the sound of lot of guys love so Im not knockin it.

But to claim it sounds like tubes? That its so accurate and above everything else? Amplitube3 sounds like tubes(so Im not against modelers). They actually have the amps they model and strive for accuracy. Axe fx has everyone fooled. Yes, it has great fidelity--but it sounds like a solid state impression of an amp built from a schematic with no sound tests for accuracy.(he doesnt have the actual amplifiers)

So my problem is not that Axe is bad--its not. But the hype associated with it. I know these amps. There is no tube give or mush in there at all. Its hard and stiff.(thats what she said):headbang:. I mean, tell it like it is so modeling will get better--dont be satisfied with this.

I'm sorry, but this entire post is total bullshit.

I'm sorry but you are just wrong in thinking that. Line6 would not claim that it is entirely new modeling technology if it were just the XT technology. That would be fucking business suicide for them. With this they have actually specifically said it is new tech, there is no reason to suspect otherwise...

To be honest, since this looks like it will be completely new technology and the general rumor mill points to it being in development since 2k5... it explains why X3 was so lackluster and makes me really anxious to see full specs on the new ones. Supposed to be out next month?

I'm sorry but you are just wrong in thinking that. Line6 would not claim that it is entirely new modeling technology if it were just the XT technology. That would be fucking business suicide for them. With this they have actually specifically said it is new tech, there is no reason to suspect otherwise...

I hope you are right. I really want this product to be a step forward. But as much as I do, I can sense epic fail and I generally have learned not to believe a couple of marketing people who most of the time don't know what they are talking about.