Just regular old rock n' f'n roll...

bloodfiredeath said:
Motley Crue - Too Fast For Love
If you haven't heard this particular album, forget everything you know or think you know about the Crue. Mick's guitar work is so fucking awesome here, another great rock record of all time.
They had some Motley Crue on the radio this morning - "Wild Side". That song is such a summer song - brings back memories, especially of that video with Tommy Lee in the revolving drumkit.

Also, rock music of the 80's had the best looking chicks in the videos. Remember Warrant's "Cherry Pie" and Slaughter's "Up All Night"?

I still need to check out Firebird.

As for others, I like Clutch, Kyuss and Scissorfight.

I'd still stick the ol' schlong in Britney, despite her hair.

I still need to check out Kyuss, especially since I like Queens of the Stone Age so much. They're also from my hometown, Palm Desert. :)

Forgotten about this thread...damn no Britney pic! Has anyone found any comprimising photos of Avril Lavigne?

I listened to some Fireball Ministry over the weekend. It was really surprisingly good. Couldn't tell you which album though...ask Zod when he shows up.

Smapdy said:
kyuss kicks ass, even more so than qotsa, but nothing beats warrant.
It's cool because this fucker was joking about the Warrant bit, but I've heard him defend that band on numerous occasions.

Kyuss and Queens of the Stone Age have taken up 75% of my listening for the past several months. It's almost ridiculous how often I listen to them.

Since Britney was brought up several times here, I must say HAHA she's a stepmom now. What a cunt.

I was listening to Badmotorfinger last night and was reminded how much Audioslave sucks. Down on the Upside has some of their greatest songs but I rarely listen to that album all the way through. Superunknown is their masterpiece, what a beautiful album.

I brought Helmet - Meantime to work today. COCOSORE.

I never could get into Badmotorfinger. I like the first two songs, then got bored. I might like it more today than I did when it came out, though.

Superunknown is great. Sadly, this album will always be remembered by the abominable Black Hole Sun. "My Wave" and the sheer genius that is "The Day I Tried To Live" are easily the album's best tracks.

It is hard to go all the way through Down on the Upside in one sitting. But "Dusty" and my fave "Switch Opens" will always blow me away.

I still love Black Hole Sun, no matter how many times I've heard it that guitar solo near the end just RUUUULES. 4th of July is the best from that one.

New Helmet October 5th it seems, cool. I'm glad I bought Betty again after selling it years ago, who knows why I didn't like it.

Slash is one of the finest guitarists ever. Even with Velvet Revolver that dude still totally rocks.

kiss rules, dammit ;)

their last no makeup album before the reunion, carnival of souls, was disgracefully overlooked
*nods*

If I hear the shitty "SLither" song from Velvet Revolver one more time, I'm going ballistic. They'll be hear pretty soon on the annual BuzzFest with lots of other commerical radio bands like Breaking Benjamin and Seether. haha

One Inch Man said:
Monster Magnet
I love these dudes, nothing fancy whatsoever. Lots of power chords, lots of goat horns, slutty women, and beer. Sometimes they can be a throwback to 70s rock, but usually are a 90s take on 80s metal. Or something.
Call me crazy, but Dopes To Infinity is da fuckin' shit!!!! What an awesome rock album with a desrt 70's vibe. I really didn't expect much, as I didn't like that Spacelord song, but this is really good stuff.

Are their earlier albums as good?

I've heard their first album is supposed to be the best, some monumental slab of genius even. I think it's hard to track down, I only have Dopes to Infinity (which RULES) and Power Trip (which also rules, but Dopes is probably better).
NAD said:
I still need to check out Kyuss, especially since I like Queens of the Stone Age so much. They're also from my hometown, Palm Desert. :)
Haha, when I made this thread I owned one QOTSA album, I've purchased like 10 Kyuss/QOTSA since and I'm not done yet.
Ayeka said:
Forgotten about this thread...damn no Britney pic! Has anyone found any comprimising photos of Avril Lavigne?
Avril is in the new Maxim (US edition anyhow, UK gets a different one don't they?), but she doesn't show much the fuckin' slut.