Just saw Iced Earth in NYC last night...

Randyisgod15

Mikey B Nasty
Apr 15, 2008
New York
..and HOLY FUCK were they amazing! They played at Nokia Theater (Best Buy Theater now?) in New York City and me and my two best buddies had VIP tickets to the meet and greet afterwards \m/. Sons of Liberty opened up for them, and Schaffer traded his guitar in for a mic. He can be one hell of a frontman, and geez does he like to talk ha. They were rock solid, and kicked major ass.

Iced Earth played for just under 2 hours, and it was possibly one of the best shows I have ever witnessed. Barlow sings like a goddamn canary and I'm pretty sure Schaffer is a cyborg. The set list was out of this world. They opened with 1776-Burning Times-Declaration Day-Vengence is Mine-Violate straight through. They also played Last December, The Hunter, Pure Evil, Travel in Stygian, The Prophecy-Behold the Wicked Child-The Coming Curse (EPIC!), I Died For You, Jack, My Own Savior, Iced Earth, and A QUESTION OF HEAVEN! \m/ x infinity. AQOH was hand down the single most emotionally charged song I've ever seen performed and I'm pretty sure I saw a few guys tearing up (almost as guilty).

After the show (and an hour and something long line) we got to meet the band and get autographs etc. They were so humbled and personable, especially Schaffer. We hoped back on a shorter line after to snap a group picture, where a Looney Toon we were talking to tried to photobomb us. Thankfully he got cut out. They actually had a photographer taking pictures which they'll post online at a later date, but my buddy had them snap an extremely grainy iPhone picture as well. We also got a VIP shirt and Iced Earth flag. It was such an awesome night, and I thought I would share it with you guys. They are only playing like four shows for an "Escape from the Studio", but if you ever have a chance to see them GO!

They played here this year and I was like "nah, I´m not going. Everything after Horror Show is meh". The next day my pal who went to the concert:
-so, they basically did Alive in Athens setlist
-fuuuuuuuuuu

saw them 2 times, one was first row as headliner on a festival (EPIC) and antherone was a normal show here in vienna...and both were with barlow :D
they slay.

Horror Show rules. I heard they got Barlow back , have they done a new CD with him yet? The last Iced Earth cd I saw out had Ripper Owens

Horror Show rules. I heard they got Barlow back , have they done a new CD with him yet? The last Iced Earth cd I saw out had Ripper Owens

Yeah man The Crucible of Man was the latest album with Barlow and they did an I Walk Among You EP where he redid 3 Ripper songs. They'll have another album out by next year.

Holy shit, thats a great setlist, and I'm not even that big an Iced Earth fan. I was thinking of going to this but ultimately decided to save money, now I'm regretting it a little bit:confused:

Love em (besides the stuff with Ripper, just don't like his singing) and would be cool
to see them. Bought Night of the Stormrider with 7 years, listened to it while reading
Lucky Luke comics and stuff :D
Just heard them once live, but wasn't able to catch them because a friend of mine
got into a fight on a festival with some nazi black metal guys, but it sounded like Schaffer
plays really, really tight.

IE are just one of those bands that I think will just fucking slay every time without fail until Barlow and Schaffer can't walk or breathe anymore.

Oh yeah, and Schaffer is IMO the best rhythm player out there, I think he even comes close to Hetfield when he starts hammering the down strokes.

IE are just one of those bands that I think will just fucking slay every time without fail until Barlow and Schaffer can't walk or breathe anymore.

Oh yeah, and Schaffer is IMO the best rhythm player out there, I think he even comes close to Hetfield when he starts hammering the down strokes.
h

Haven't had the chance to see them live but agreed, Schaffer and hetfield are definitely the best rhythm guitarrists around, being bassist to Iced Earth must be one HECK of a job