Saw Hetfield last night

Genius Gone Insane

http://www.¯\(°_o)/¯.com
Aug 19, 2003
San Francisco Bay Area
www. ̄\(°_o)
Not sure why I felt compelled to post this. So I went to dinner at a nice restaurant in SF with some friends last night and as we were about to walk in, James and family were walking out.

I think 15 years ago I would have shit my pants but for some reason last night I didn't really care. This guy was my idol for how many years...As a kid, I dreamt about the day I'd get a chance to meet him, then finally when it happened, I really didn't care.

I don't know what all this means...

hmmm i dont care too much for tallica, still respect the albums theyve put out n the shit they have been thru, but if i saw het then id probs be overwhelmed, mainly caus its hardly gnna happen gannin out for a meal at me local pub in the sticks in the north east of england! :D

Maybe its because he hasn't written anything awesome in 18 years and maybe you (understandably) feel somewhat betrayed by his more commercial song writing approach since then... or not.

You're just getting old and bitter ;)

But seriously, though, when I was a kid, I used to fantasize about meeting the musicians I really digged. Later, when I met some of them, I wasn't nearly as excited about it. Most of them were just nice people who I enjoyed a casual chat with.

yer man, met mustiane after a gig back in 05, total idol, he was amazing!!! he walked into the room we were all quiet and he was just comical about it, spent as long as poss with us all, signed shit, got pics n stuff, great bloke!!:headbang:

You're just getting old and bitter ;)

But seriously, though, when I was a kid, I used to fantasize about meeting the musicians I really digged. Later, when I met some of them, I wasn't nearly as excited about it. Most of them were just nice people who I enjoyed a casual chat with.

It took me about 10 minutes to get calmed down enough to actually have a conversation with a certain famous guitar player the day he called me up & I was at my day job. :) ...and that was last year!

"Dude let´s go to the zoo. Feed the ducks. I like ducks. Do you wanna fuck my girlfriend?"

Damn, it took me 10 minutes to stop laughing!!

I must see this movie!

Met Adrian Smith once, about 1986 or 87, think I may have said something similar.

I saw Nicko Mc Brain 1998 in Frankfurt(Musikmesse) He played the drumkit for premier. I was a Kid and this guy was my absolute fave drummer. I could not move my legs..I was like a stone. Today it´s totally different, I know they also cook with water only :) But I have great respect for their skills, but no awe.

That's awesome about catching a major influence in metal in public!

I remember last year circa november, Daniel Liljekvist of Katatonia had agreed to join my (now defunct) band and I absolutely couldn't fathom the idea. And on the day he came to the studio to help track our first song in Borlänge, Sweden (also where I first met him), all this teenager-high school mania started racing in my head. I listened to katatonia almost my entire highschool years...so it was almost too overwhelming haha! But as time would have it, he just turned out to be a damn good drinking buddy of mine and all of my further rock-star delusions (about anybody) disappeared! Damn, now I really miss that dude haha!

this is ultra ghey, but in high school I dreamed dave mustaine would walk into one of my classes, grab me by the leather jacket and say, "you're my new guitarist man, let's get you out of this place," as the teacher and other students watched in awe.

while I still listen to old megadeth, I now have no desire to even meet the guy.

I've only ever seen a few famous people at places where they weren't performing, including The Warlord at the zoo once, and David Spade at a sushi restaurant. Someone said some athelete was at The Cheesecake factory one night when I was there, but I could care less about that shit.

this is ultra ghey, but in high school I dreamed dave mustaine would walk into one of my classes, grab me by the leather jacket and say, "you're my new guitarist man, let's get you out of this place," as the teacher and other students watched in awe.

Hahahahhaah, yeah, I've had those types of fantasies many, many times :lol: Usually when I'm sitting in some really boring presentation/lecture/class, and I imagine the band I'm currently fixated on like teleporting in with all their backline and live sound gear, and just peeling the fucking paint off the walls out of nowhere :heh:

I was actually lucky enough not only to meet several of the people that were major inspirations to me but also to find out after hanging with them that they were all seriously cool, down to earth people. Met Devin Townsend several years ago at a show, just chillin havin a beer and he walked by so I started bullshittin with him. Seriously nice dude and next time they came around he remembered me so we just walked out of the place and hung out a bit.

A few years ago I met a really big influence while I was on tour ... we had a gig in Chicago and it turned out one of the bands playing was Greg Fulton's (Cyclone Temple) new band. Awesome conversation and just really such an incredible yet humble guy.... oh, and he took us all to school on the guitar that night ;)

2 years ago I'm on vacation in Hamburg, hanging with a couple of friends from there and got invited to a party at Kai Hansen's place. The man is pretty much the reason I ever picked up a guitar so I was pretty thrilled about it but nervous as hell cause I was afraid he would turn out to be a dick. One of the coolest and most chilled out dudes I've ever met. Wouldn't even let me get my own beer, kept getting it for me.

So I guess I've been pretty lucky as far as that all goes ... only one guitarist and one singer I would still really love a chance to meet

The only musicians I want to meet are the entirety of Lamb of God, and that's pretty much it.
Randy Blythe is pretty much a huge inspiration but me, but I dunno.
If I ever meet him, I'll probs just crack open a can and shoot the shit with him.

My friend's met 3 of them twice at both of the gigs he saw them at, so it doesn't seem like I'd have much trouble meeting him.

Skinny, kick ass that you have met Devin An Kai dude, im jelous and more than you where invite to his house, how was his place dude??

Marcus, i used to hve those fantasies when i was at school too hahaha.

and talking about dreaming, one time i was dreaming i saw Robert de Niro in a Telephone booth and i went to salute him and said something like " Is a honor to meet you Mr. Pacino" and the guy pissed off, hahah