Saw Hetfield last night

Skinny, kick ass that you have met Devin An Kai dude, im jelous and more than you where invite to his house, how was his place dude??

To be honest, not sure if it was his place or his girl's place. My buddy Jan got a call and told me Kai was having a party for his woman's birthday and we were invited. Either way, it was a really cool place, a very large apartment in the city complete with karaoke room :D Was just kinda weird cause when we walked in, Kai was just standing near the door saying hi to everyone and asking who needed a beer. We followed him into the kitchen and Dirk was in there wearing an apron but no shirt and cooking up plates of sausages and yelling at us that he just made all this fucking food so we better eat something! hahahaha :D

1.jpg

2.jpg

I met MArty Friedman and Kiko Loureriro from Angra, believe me it wasn't too long ago (1 year ago Kiko 2 years ago for MArty) I always acted like a child, I was so fucking nervous lol!
Ha Andy.. I wished I ever met King Diamond, I always liked King, he's the man, I covered a lot of Merciful stuff, I love his music.

Randy Blythe is pretty much a huge inspiration but me, but I dunno.
If I ever meet him, I'll probs just crack open a can and shoot the shit with him.

Randy's a really down to earth kinda guy and can really, really, really, put away the beer. I got to do a session with him a few years back & didn't quite know just how big his band was. I thought he was a good, hard working musician who actually had his shit together. He also dug my studio! :)

I have met all kinds of famous guys and girls, and while I certainly do feel jumpy when I am near them, the effect kinda wore off when I realized that I really don't have anything to say to most of them! You might feel compelled to go up and talk to them when you're, for instance, sitting a meter away from Meshuggah in bar, but usually I just let them be. Unless it's a particular person or band that I really do have something to say to of course.

Haha I forgot, I met Tom Angelripper..(also Musikmesse Frankfurt 1998 sitting at the Rockhard bar, drinking NO Milk ;) I overcome my fear & ask him for a sign, so bad I didn´t had a camera. He asked me.."how old are you", because he propably wanted to get me a beer..BUT I WAS TOO YOUNG!! And he laughed about me..and I got a Cola ;) Damn!

The only musicians I want to meet are the entirety of Lamb of God, and that's pretty much it.
Randy Blythe is pretty much a huge inspiration but me, but I dunno.
If I ever meet him, I'll probs just crack open a can and shoot the shit with him.

My friend's met 3 of them twice at both of the gigs he saw them at, so it doesn't seem like I'd have much trouble meeting him.

I've met randy at rock am ring 2005 funny story. On the first day when the festival area opened we went to check it out, way before every band was playing. So we were walking along on the racetrack and I notice a guy behind a fence looking from the backstage at that part of the track and it just hits me, wow thats randy. So I walked up to him before my friends even knowed what was happening. We had some talk and he said, it's not very kind of him talking to us with a fence between us, so he asked us to stay and walked around it (hat to go through security etc). So we talked and mentiond how fucking expensive their t-shirts are here, so he wanted to check it out and we did. After that he demanded for jägermeister, so we walked of in search, found a booth that has a huge jäger sign and randy yelled at the waitress that he wants jäger for his friends and him. But she said they don't have it, so he yelled that hes playing in a fucking jäger band. So he buyed a beer for us, we showed him how to drink like a german (first gigs in germany for him) and walked to search jäger. So we finally found some and he was pretty wasted at the end. He told us before that he had to do an interview at 13 or 14 o'clock. So we walked some way with him and my friends were going to their tents. So it was only randy and me walking over the already crowded area and I had to do some translations for him. Then happend the best thing, he really tried to convince the security guard, that I'm his personal translator and he don't understand anything without me and he tried really hard. But you know security guards...
I think he was that drunk, he didn't even remember me 2 hours later at the lamb of god signing session.
awesome dude.

I went partying with some guys from heaven shall burn, aborted and misery speaks what a great night.

Its so cool to hear about famous people that are really cool and down to earth with no ego. Anyone ever meet Mike Patten? I heard he was/is a dick. Everyone has their bad days though so I don't know.

Its so cool to hear about famous people that are really cool and down to earth with no ego. Anyone ever meet Mike Patten? I heard he was/is a dick. Everyone has their bad days though so I don't know.

I heard the same, but I read an interview with him, because he did some voices for left 4 dead and it seemed like the guys at valve really liked him. dk.

I ran into a couple guys from As I Lay Dying in a local club. I asked them if I could buy them all a round and Tim said "NO..." waved the waitress over and bought us all a round and kept them coming. Normally I would just say hello and be on my way but they made us chill and get hammered! I could name ten no name local bands with bigger egos then them. They were completely down to earth.

Randy's a really down to earth kinda guy and can really, really, really, put away the beer

from what i understand, dudeman's been sober for a few years now...but yea, the only famous sort of musicians i've ever come across was when i was 13 or so...i was fishing at the end of the local pier when i lived around SF, and there were these 3 punk-as-fuck guys chilling about 1/2 way down the pier, blasting a bunch of old punk shit as loud as they could from a little ghetto blaster

anyways, i was walking by and one of them looked sort of familiar, so i did a double-take, and sure-e-fucking-nough, it was the guys from green day - and mind you, this was back in the dookie days, when everyone in the world was all over their jock

but yea...i just kept walking, because i didn't WTF to say

I ran into a couple guys from As I Lay Dying in a local club. I asked them if I could buy them all a round and Tim said "NO..." waved the waitress over and bought us all a round and kept them coming. Normally I would just say hello and be on my way but they made us chill and get hammered! I could name ten no name local bands with bigger egos then them. They were completely down to earth.

cool.

tim is really down to earth and every time they play in little clubs he stays at t one side of the stage after they have finished and let the fans make fotos and signs things. he waits for everyone to have one, he doesn't walk off if there are still kids that want something.

I'll poste some picks later.

I remember when i was 16 i met Nicko Mcbrain and was so stoked got very inspired after that, since then ive met a few other peeps such as Adam Deuce, Dave Mcclain, Travis Smith, Dave macintosh, sam totman and Kittie aswell :D, Like some1 else sed in this thread i now generally dont get stoked jus enjoy a casual chat, although i think id still be dead stoked to meet a few ppl.

Would have loved to meet John Bonham:headbang:

shit..i meant to say this in my original post, but i'm pretty sure that the reason guys like maynard and mike patton are dicks to fans is due to the amount of needledicks out there who go into total idol-worship mode in their presence

i'd be annoyed, too, if every where i went a bunch of nu-metal shithead kids treated me like some sort of deity