Just tone matched my 5150 on the axe fx II...

kev

Im guybrush threepwood
Jun 16, 2004
Bristol, United Kingdom
www.myspace.com
... and absolutely loving it!!!

My 5150 is getting closer to looking for a new home soon it seems. It's not like its new to her though, I have been threatening in a while :) With the axe fx II amps, they are very close indeed, just missing that last little something in the mids that gives them that great bouncy in the room/live feel. This matching voodoo seems to be curing that for me now. Seems strange though, Cliff has allegedly matched them all- but looking at the curve difference I cant see 2 5150's being as far off as they seem to be. Maybe though.

Sorry about the clipping if there is a touch- havent got time just now to nip back to change things unfortunately. See what you reckon, can only get better too as that was my first go at it. Some might even like the axe tone more since its tidied up the low mids quite nicely perhaps.

AMP:

AXE FX II (matched):

Normal axe 2 tone for good measure (plenty of fizz here):

Last edited by a moderator:
The difference is so negligible that in a mix it would never ever be noticeable. Or, throw a little EQ on there if you really wanted it to sound "EXACT"-- which isn't even necessary (and you might even EQ those thicker areas out a bit for fitting in a mix) just got my own Axe Fx 2 and it's crazy good.

It's definitely amazing how far its come, enjoying it more and more with every firmware. My only worry is it never settling, and when the final firmware is released an axe fx III drops and it begins again lol.

P.S Let me know if you're interested in the patch blueax, i'll post it up.