Just who is gonna buy BWP?

Belial

Rainbow Demon
Nov 18, 2001
Shoikan Grove
jason.storiesfrom.us
I'm curious as to how many people here actually intend to buy the re-release of Blackwater Park. Personally I hate re-releases because I go out and spend my money on the original because I'm such a huge fan of the band and all the sudden I get screwed over when the band re-releases the disc with cool extras that people who recently discover the band, were too lazy to buy the album earlier, etc get to buy up. Usually I just download the extra tracks and grumble bitterly that they won't be on my original CD.

However, this re-release of Blackwater Park might be the exception for me. Out of sheer respect for Opeth I just may buy the re-release, even though I hate the things. A whole extra disc just may be incentive enough in and of itself.

So how many people here who own Blackwater Park intend to buy the re-release?

If it's cheap enough (like 20 dollars canadian) I'll get it for sure, just for the bonus tracks. However, that'll mean I have about two albums of Opeth(BWPx2) material sitting around unenjoyed (hopefully with the exception of the bonus tracks) which means they're gonna have to really impress me with the new stuff....If not, They fall into the list of bands that I do have to chgeck out music by before I purchase albums, and that would be just seem wrong...

Originally posted by KIRILL
Ahhh for fucks sake i buy... just to support the band...:p

I feel buying an album once is enough, I have way too many *coughbettercough* bands to spend my hard earned cash on.

i have a perfectly legal, i think idea, here we go:

i buy the re-release, swap the cds so that the 1st disc is nice and un-scrathed, then send the original with un-scratched disk back, and swap it for the MDB DVD, then i have the re-release and all, i know the covers are different, and maybe the cd might be, im not bothered about the covers, but if the cd looks different i suppose i wont be able to, if its the same then theres no problem, its all too much of a mess around, so maybe i wont get it.

I don't know. It depends what it has that I don't already have on my FIRST purchase of BWP. Ya know? I haven't gone looking for what else is on this new one. Anyone care to enlighten?

A couple acoustic tracks that were cut from the original, and some studio footage.

I'll buy it if I have the money. I'd just download the extra stuff, but I.. would not feel right not having some songs in physical form. The packaging is probably nice too, and seeing as it was my most listened album of 2001, it deserves it.

i'm gonna buy it just because i only have the burnt copy my friend gave me to get me into opeth, but i've been meaning to get it. i'll wait for the re-release.

but id you already have it i wouldn't get it. akerfeldt himself said he thinks its a pretty shitty trick done by the record company to try and weasel more money out of fans.