Kamelot singer falls ill, North American Tour To Go On!

#¤%self Roy Khan,Thomas,Case,Olive, Ville Valo, Angra, Epica.
For me, everybody can die, they are not my relatives! I worry about my family because they love me, I do not care about famous singer who does not know I exist! If I get sick and die, they will not cry at my funeral, so that everyone dies.
abonequinhodoriso.gif

I know it shocked Kez, but unfortunately I am a sincere person, so everybody kicks me out of the forum. People only want to hear nice things even if it is a lie. If you are a fan of the band then I'm sorry ok?
Have a great weekend!
himforum45.gif

himforum12.gif

Doesn't matter to me either way, since there is no Detroit-area show. :erk:

Still, wonder what's wrong with Roy that makes him out the entire tour. Hope he gets better. :puke:

If anyone can substitute for him though, its you Mike (unless Geoff Tate is available) :p

Sheesh. Ladyklau, there's a difference between being sincere and heartless, ya know. There's a difference between not caring for them and wishing them dead. Either way it shows a great lack of respect for anyone that tries to be anything in music. Imo you can keep those opinions to yourself in the future. I respect the fact that you have an opinion and are willing to voice it, but I couldn't care less for it.

That said, congrats Mike! Have fun on the tour and convince those Kamelot fans that Circus Maximus is bloody awesome!

^What Cello said. Highly inappropriate in my honest opinion.

I'm really sad for Roy Khan, I hope he gets better and that his illness is not too serious (though it might seem like it judging by their statement @ their website :cry:). Can't think of anyone better to fill his shoes than Michael. Go kick some ass!

I'm on the Cello statement bus...

I have never had anything I've ever read make my stomach plummet to my feet with disappointment then fly right back up into my throat with excitement (staring at my computer I literally said 'No f'n way!!! NOOO!!!!..... HELLS YEAH!!!!! My most favorite singer in the world is being sub'd by my 2nd most favorite singer in the world - woo hoo!!!')

Mike is totally going to KILL these tunes (in a good way - just to be clear :) ) I cannot wait!!!!! I read Knights of Arabia is one of the tunes being rehearsed - yeah.. this is TOTALLY going to kick ass..

A very SPEEDY recovery to Roy...

Well, it'd be nice to read something straight from Mike here :)

Anyway - sad news for Khan, let's hope he gets better quickly. And for Mike - some really great shows ahead of you, even bigger than those when you were supporting SymX :) And you'll be the leader of the headliner, you must be just as excited as frightened :D

Well, that was all for nothing:

http://www.kamelot.com/site/news/kamelot-postpone-full-north-american-tour/

Kamelot Postpone Full North American Tour

Posted on September 7, 2010
Hi Kamelot Nation.
As many of you know, Roy has fallen ill and could not make the North American tour.
We have been rehearsing like madmen here in Tampa — the band is tighter than ever and Michael from Circus Maximus is truly an amazing singer; if there is one male vocalist in this world who is on par with Roy, it is Michael! However, after today’s rehearsal, we all decided that we do not feel right about doing the North American tour as anything less than a 100% Kamelot Experience. We appreciate that many fans have waited more than 2 years for new material and to see us perform together. Our new album, “Poetry for the Poisoned” represents a labor of love from us, and to present it at anything less than full strength seems a disservice to all involved. Though we will suffer financial losses on this late hour cancellation, we still feel it’s the right decision for us as a band to make – we regret disappointing all those who worked so hard to shape this tour, and especially those fans who were still so willing to come through and support us despite Roy’s absence. We are humbled by that type of support, and we sincerely hope that our return in full form Kamelot strength will be more reward for your unwavering loyalty! We will reschedule all shows in the near future, once Roy is able to return. Refunds can be obtained at the point of purchase. To thank Michael for his effort, the band will still appear at the soldout Progpower Festival, as a one off show with him and many special guest singers from the festival. Again, we want to thank all of you for your amazing support!!
Best regards, Kamelot Members.

Still, it was an opportunity, and they're still doing the Progpower USA show. So it's definitely not been for nothing. I hope Mike give's em all he's got at PPUSA and I hope everyone will be able to get a full refund/replacement tickets otherwise.

#¤%self Roy Khan,Thomas,Case,Olive, Ville Valo, Angra, Epica.
For me, everybody can die, they are not my relatives! I worry about my family because they love me, I do not care about famous singer who does not know I exist! If I get sick and die, they will not cry at my funeral, so that everyone dies.
abonequinhodoriso.gif

You speak as if someone has died. Who died? Roy just fell ill, that's all.

Dritbra, Mike! Du kommmer til å knuse Amerika med Kamelot ;D

There were other boards on the 'net that were full of negative comments and hate...

Those people have no idea what an amazing thing they missed...