Kansas Power

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
No, not some kind of superhero, the band Kansas' record "Power" from 1986...
I picked it up near mint in a pawn shop, along with some other non-metal stuff...
What a fucking weak record! This features Steve Morse & his playing is so restrained & buried behind all the other instruments...
I was disappointed, but what do you expect for $2.00, huh?!
This is more like watered down Journey! Fuck!
Speaking of Journey, has anyone heard Arrival with the new singer?!
There's a mere two tracks on there worth a damn...:cry:

sixxswine said:
No, not some kind of superhero, the band Kansas' record "Power" from 1986...
I picked it up near mint in a pawn shop, along with some other non-metal stuff...
What a fucking weak record! This features Steve Morse & his playing is so restrained & buried behind all the other instruments...
I was disappointed, but what do you expect for $2.00, huh?!
This is more like watered down Journey! Fuck!
Speaking of Journey, has anyone heard Arrival with the new singer?!
There's a mere two tracks on there worth a damn...:cry:

I always disliked "Power" I am however a big Kansas fan from their early period. Great stuff! From "Kansas" [1974] to "Two for the Show" [1978] they were on a roll!

I have the "Arrival" album with Steve Augeri on vocals. I think he is doing a great job! And I really like the album.

Have you heard their "Red 13" EP? Sounds a lot heavier. Ans I also have their live DVD from 2001 also with Steve Augeri. This was one of their first gigs with him and he is excellent.

I have I ever told you I saw them live in 1978 with Steve Perry? This was just after "Infinity" was released. Great gig! I remember being really impressed by Neal Schon's shredding.

Hawk said:
I have the "Arrival" album with Steve Augeri on vocals. I think he is doing a great job! And I really like the album.

Have you heard their "Red 13" EP? Sounds a lot heavier. Ans I also have their live DVD from 2001 also with Steve Augeri. This was one of their first gigs with him and he is excellent.

I have I ever told you I saw them live in 1978 with Steve Perry? This was just after "Infinity" was released. Great gig! I remember being really impressed by Neal Schon's shredding.

I haven't heard the Red 13 E.P., I have heard it was heavier & I suppose I should pick it up. It's only available on their site. I wasn't overly impressed by Arrival, but I have been a fan of Steve's since I heard Tall Stories...
I haven't picked up the dvd, I have seen it for $10.00, it just hasn't been a priority.. I didn;t know you saw them in '78. Must have been a killer gig. Hawk, have you heard Soul SirkUS? I just got done doing a review of that record. Jeff Scott Soto is the singer, Neal pulled the best elements from Hardline, Journey & Bad English with this band.... It is a bit long at 18 tracks...