Tunes and Football, or Futbol....

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Dude, lemme give you some advice. NEVER put Culpepper on your fantasy team until AFTER he has a few good games in a row! Like Moon and Kreig mentioned in this thread, Culpepper is prone to really good (or really bad) streaks. I've had a love/hate relationship with him ever since he arrived. Mostly hate because he always chokes in the big games. :puke:

NP: Russell Allen's Atomic Soul

Understood, but I blew people away with Ricky Williams and Aaron Brooks three years ago. This year I am down in points with people that know nothing about football. I think I am going to kill you and split you up between my dogs and casts. :p

Bryant

carnut said:
Oh yeah, football...We have a thing called football here (soccer)...Pretty gay thing with guys acting like they are hurt most of the time...Wish we had some real football here, or better; Australian Rugby !!!

Correction:

Planet Earth has a thing called football, USA has this thing called American football which is basically rugby for insurance companies, since the players wear more protection than a policeman in the Bronx. :devil:

As for my team

camisetariver.jpg

Say what you will about American Football, the crowds don't "riot" unless your team is from Oakland and there are injuries...You see the get their clocked clean on a regular basis. In the early yaers of Football there worn no protective gear, you could say that's back in the day where the men, where men. Even back then, there was contact...
As far, as I'm concerned Soccer, has a huge field, too many players and the scoring is low... How boring. I have more respect for players that play in the indoor leagues, atleast the scoring is higher, there's "real" contact and is faster paced. If you win by 1 and the other team's score is "0," then who really won?! It's no wonder these motherfuckers riot, they feel ripped off!

sixxswine said:
As far, as I'm concerned Soccer, has a huge field, too many players and the scoring is low... How boring.

Once I made the mistake to accept going to and American football game in Miami...never, never ever in my life I got through a more boring experience in my life. 3 and more hours of pure, sheer, boredom, and I thought that baseball was slow!

Football on the other hand (minus the fouls) are 45 min of run and shot, run and shot, no shit, no mercy. The only game faster than footie is undoubtedly basketball, but basketball lacks the emotion of kicking the guy with the ball and see him flying to kiss the ground...even if that means a red card :lol:

fuchibol.jpg

sixxswine said:
Can you believe that Arizona was the home team for that game?
Alex Smith, in two years will be the shit...
You know what, that sounds like a plan, a ATL home game at the dome....

Arizona was the home team? Huh! Still, they saved a blackout.
Yeah, you'd like a home game. They're much more fun. I went to a road game in KC last year and while it was fun, it just wasn't the same.

sixxswine said:
Well, I hope it's no the :puke: Donkies, but if it is, It will be a blow out...

Yeah, that's what I was thinkin' too -- a blowout. Just like last time. :heh:

Wyvern said:
Once I made the mistake to accept going to and American football game in Miami...never, never ever in my life I got through a more boring experience in my life. 3 and more hours of pure, sheer, boredom, and I thought that baseball was slow!

Football on the other hand (minus the fouls) are 45 min of run and shot, run and shot, no shit, no mercy. The only game faster than footie is undoubtedly basketball, but basketball lacks the emotion of kicking the guy with the ball and see him flying to kiss the ground...even if that means a red card :lol:

Oh no! Not the American Football vs. Football argument! :D

I think it's a matter of what you grew up with and understanding some of the nuances of the games. I'm an old dog that can't be taught the "new" tricks of soccer. ;)

Wheezer said:
GAH! No Braves! Cardinals! I want Walker to get a ring.

hahaha the Cardinals ... You just gotta hope they dont choke again when it comes to the World Series hahaha ... but if it does come down to them facing the Yankees you can bet I will be rooting for the Cards! ... I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hoping the Braves can make it being in first for the last 12 or 13 years and only one Ring is pathetic!!!

SavaRon said:
Gotta go with the White Sox...:D

I'll tell ya what if the White Sox do beat the Red Sox and the Yanks beat the Angels .... I will be Chanting Go White Sox .... infact I would root for anybody playing against the yanks ... I hate those bastards hahaha

Wyvern said:

Well I will agree with you about baseball, I can't stand that game, the only fun is playing in a game...
Watching it is a snooze fest! Plus they play too many games...:yuk:

Bryant said:
Understood, but I blew people away with Ricky Williams and Aaron Brooks three years ago. This year I am down in points with people that know nothing about football. I think I am going to kill you and split you up between my dogs and casts. :p
Whoa, whoa, I'm not responsible for the Vikings terrible start to the year (well, at least not directly, but it seems any team I root for sucks)! If'n yer gonna cut someone up and feed the remains to yer pets, I'd suggest a trip to Minneapolis. I'll see if I can get ya Daunte's home address. They could eat on that big boy for a week! :D

NP: Shannon Curfman

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
GO VIKINGS!!! [/B]

OMG! Steve from S. Prophet is also a fan... I hate to talk to him when he is watching a game or wanting to talk about football :yuk: :lol:

Welcome back Sixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!

sixxswine said:
Well I will agree with you about baseball, I can't stand that game, the only fun is playing in a game...
Watching it is a snooze fest! Plus they play too many games...:yuk:
er

I'm not a football fan or a european/rest of the world football fan dont like Basketball or hockey either but I do Love Baseball :D Different strokes for different folks old friend :devil: